• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stronger durable tubing

yeager_0339

So was curious if the new DOCOL RX8 tubing had ventured into the rock racing community yet. A good friend of mine who races super late models has had two chassis built with this material and says that as far as chassis and shock tuning it basically like growing from non sticky tires to stickiesor from leaf spring to a triangulated four link. Speaking with the Chasis builder last night he says that chromolly is a thing of the past at this point. I thought it was interesting.
284d0bb86bfc46382e16973b5e018b50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure exactly the cost difference between the two but I do know his chasis have gone up around $1,200. The fabricator did say that it's a little harder to work with. It has a lot of spring back when bending and it's harder to notch. But from all of the suspension data they have gathered from a dyno as well as on track it's well worth the change.

Aren't these type of cars supposed to "flex" a little? I don't think that's what you would want in a crawler/bouncer. :dunno:

whiskeymakin said:
Aren't these type of cars supposed to "flex" a little? I don't think that's what you would want in a crawler/bouncer. :dunno:
Yes that was the old theory of circle track but over the years they have learned the lighter but stiffer they can keep their chasis the better they can tune the suspension. Before they would chase the right tune Bc the chasis sprung And flexed.