• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stumbling Down the Mountain

zuki86

On a run at reiter my group ran into a group(5 rigs) drinking heavily. These guys could barely talk, none the less operate a 4X4. Needless to say they weren't club runners.

If this has come up before in the forum I apologize. I was just wondering what we can do to report these violators while on the trail without raising a big stink and end up in some confrontation.

Don't take me as a prude. Passenger alcohol consumption, though still illegal,
is tolerable if done so in a respectful manner.

I guess besides my little rant, I'm wondering if there are any law enforcement members that might be able to put some insight on how to resolve this problem?

If this has come up at a meeting before, I would love to hear some of the input by other enthusiasts.

Or if you disagree, I'd love hear your reasoning.

Thanks

I would have hoped to have gotten a serious thread out of this site not, have another beer and throw your juice at them.

Is this not the #1 site for the reiter trail watch?:beatdeadhorse:

I would have hoped to have gotten a serious thread out of this site not, have another beer and throw your juice at them.

RTW does have it's own site. www.reitertrailwatch.org We use a section of the forums here to communicate because it gets more of an audience than the previous RTW only forums.

Drinking on the trail is ILLEGAL. Reiter Trails is state trust land that the DNR and other owners allow us to use for ORV and other types of outdoor recreation.

Hopefully in the future it can become a designated ORV park, with the law enforcement to police and patrol the area. Until then, they have a handful of DNR representitives to patrol the area. Kim Gunter does give tickets. In fact, when I was out there last time, she was dolling out hefty fines for folks that were shooting.

If the DNR does catch these folks drinking and driving they can and do impose punishment. But ONE officer that has to patrol 2 areas (Walker and Reiter) shure does have her hands full.

Next time you see it happening, you are more than welcome to call the sherrif and get blown off like the rest of us have. Not trying to be a ****, but that is the way it is.

I will surely do that. I have seen the sheriff up there and I will personally stop and talk to them next time I'm up there and get a official response on what to do.

The Toyota that I'm referring to almost rolled over on MY rig while I was Posing on the bottom of the competition wall. You would be surprised how fast a situation can go bad.

Please wheel sober.

I am being serious. There's no way those jerks could've enjoyed their beers with a volley of sharp cardboard corners and little pokey straws raining down on them.

Ya know the pokey straws are easier to shove down youre eurethra

.................at least thats what Saran told me.

This has been covered more then one time on here, just because you want to bring it up again and want it to be serious does not mean that it will be.
You are more then welcome to try, but don't get your feelers hurt if we don't all play along...
Plus I have been told that juice boxes are just downright painful if done correctly....
Other then that fill free to call or better yet, become a LEO, and do something about it....:;

The Toyota that I'm referring to almost rolled over on MY rig while I was Posing on the bottom of the competition wall.

You should do less Posing and more Wheeling then :fawkdancesmiley:

It's harder to hit a moving target :haha:

Latest posts