• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suck My Wake

Sounds like a real pile.

No offense but thats a free-$400 boat with a new pump.

Id give ya 500 for the new pump but that boat and the 455 are free -400 on CL all the time.

Nobody wants a boat that needs a motor and interior unless its under $400.

And stop telling people it the engine sat in a pond if you are looking to sell it.

Just being honest. The engine didn't sit in a pond, just the starter which is right at the bottom. I'm not going to lie to someone to sell the boat. It is what it is. It doesn't need a motor, just a starter. The motor IS completely rebuilt, ran great then put away.

Just being honest. The engine didn't sit in a pond, just the starter which is right at the bottom. I'm not going to lie to someone to sell the boat. It is what it is. It doesn't need a motor, just a starter. The motor IS completely rebuilt, ran great then put away.

Just saying the way it looks from a consumers view.

An olds motor is not held in high value by the jet guys.

When you mentioned it has a 455 and has sat for years and that the hole was plugged by leaves that told me all I needed to know. That tells me it has sat outside (leaves) in the sun and weather. How do you know the engine is good? If the starter was in water than the front and rear main seals were in water too. Oil seals keep oil in, not water out.

As a boat buyer I would only see a new pump and a mystery engine and a project hull and a trailer. It even needs new control cables.

Pretty much a new pump is all a guy can count on.

What kinda value are you putting on this gem?

Just saying the way it looks from a consumers view.

An olds motor is not held in high value by the jet guys.

When you mentioned it has a 455 and has sat for years and that the hole was plugged by leaves that told me all I needed to know. That tells me it has sat outside (leaves) in the sun and weather. How do you know the engine is good? If the starter was in water than the front and rear main seals were in water too. Oil seals keep oil in, not water out.

As a boat buyer I would only see a new pump and a mystery engine and a project hull and a trailer. It even needs new control cables.

Pretty much a new pump is all a guy can count on.

What kinda value are you putting on this gem?

I already have the new cables, I connected the pump end, just not the control end.

You have it exactly right in what it is. For someone who has the time to pull the motor, clean it up/out, I think they'd have a sweet little project. It has some nice lines. This boat has a little deeper hull than most of the jet boats so it handles the waves at little better.

Brad I MIGHT be interested in a trade... S&N Fab put a nice anti-wrap bar on the rear axle, but only did one side. The gas tank is in the way on the other side. It didn't work on the one side... I need the tank relocated up and in a little (there's room, we did this on a another 4Runner a few years ago), with a matching anti-wrap bar on that side. My right rear springs are sagging bad compared to the left. I had Gitt springs re-arch them TWICE and it didn't hold. I need that spring pack tweaked with some leafs replaced to get the original spring rate back.

I'd be willing to trade the boat and trailer to get that work done, properly. I take to long... I'm just getting my busted off steering arm finished up tonight. I took it apart in April...

Last edited:
I couldnt handle it any longer. The sun was making me anxious today.

Could see snow from the boat. Was a nice 50 degrees at Alder today. The launch was nice and quiet too.

DSC02822.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02819.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02828.jpg
[/IMG]

Man I got some white legs in that picture. The red boat, not the yellow Kona.

I need to steal the over transom pipes out of my dads garage attic so I can have big loud chrome pipes like everyone else hahahaha.

Yes, you do have white legs, and the summer sun won't cure that :fawkdancesmiley:

He'll never know they're missing...

and for the record. my neighbors beautiful drag boat has a 455 olds that does quite well.. He knows the downfalls, but it has yet to cause him any problems. He's owned it for a couple decades now.

Last edited:
I just got home with ANOTHER jetboat! It has naked ladies painted on it too!

I actually bought this one for some parts for mine.

It came with a very nice, white, low double axle trailer that will be under my boat very soon.

It also came with a berkeley 12JC-b cut (mines a 12JC a cut) pump. The pump has been polished like chrome and has a Jetovator also.

Also talked to my dad and chose vinyl colors for some new seating. I cant wait to hit the lake with new seats, a pimpin trailer, and a rooster tail!

That would make a great wall piece on a shop wall...:cool:

And I have a wall big enough for it!

You gonna fix it up, or strip it and scrap it?

You keeping the side saddle tanks?

If your gonna scrap it, I want the upper half of the boat, cut at the rub rail all around, and I wanna hang it from my barn wall!

So I got the pump all disassembled and cleaned. Put the new input bearing in and reassembled the setup the way it came apart. Turns nice a smooth like new. Im glad Tony suggested checking that bearing even though it had never been ran. Sure enough just sitting in the boat with no PTO shaft plugged in let enough gunk in to start rusting the bearing.

I also got the linkage for the steering and jetovator all hooked/mocked up and working. I had to make a couple sleeves and tinker with different bolts but got it all together with no ghetto riggin.

I have to decide if Im gonna repolish the bowl and jetovator parts or just have them powdercoated with a nice cermichome like my headers or ???

I think I have all the jetovator linkage figured out till it gets in the boat.

DSC02850.jpg

DSC02851.jpg

My dad's got a late 70's marlin 460 with a single 4, berkeley jet, transom exhaust and a sweet orange paint job. He's had that thing since before I was born. Had it out lots when I was a kid but it's just sitting in storage now. I need to get up to his place one of these days and get it out and see what kind of attention it needs.

Love me some jetboats, nothing like it, that's for sure.

Saturday I go and pickup my polished 6-71. Its missing the rotors and gears because it was a display blower. Its a new Weiand 671 with the logo on the sides. It has new ends and drive snout and comes with a SBC intake and a dual 4 adapter on top.

So tonight I went and got this bad boy off of craigslist. It appears to be a good donor for rotors. I cant seem to find and scores or gouges. Anything on the rotors that looks like lines is just dirt/stain. Ya cant feel any of them with your fingers.

It doesnt turn over tho. Im gonna have to disassemble it and inspect the gears to see if I can use them.

Not a bad s core for $125. Its a large bore I believe.

I got the carbs off of craigslist too. Chromed predators for $75

Slowly but surely. :awesomework:
DSC03019.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

Me and Rod and Josh and Paul hit up Alder today.

It was awesome. Great weather too.

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

Rods C-Twiss
IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

Joshs Kona
IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

Pauls Kona
IMG_1440.jpg

It was rad

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Interesting. Its almost a gullwing tunnel hull in the last picture, but the transom picture makes it looks like a standard semi-v bottom.

And how do you keep finding all the boats with the half naked girls already painted on them?!?!

Latest posts