• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Super Capable Toyota Crawler FS. Selling The Red Baron :(

Damn - Y'all leave the boy alone and let him sell this thing :wtflol:

Motorcycle bought Feb 5th, all employee meeting discussing detailed current state of business was held last week. Our work load calendar has never been this slim in the 9 years 4 months that I've been here and all of our contractors (temporary workers) were laid off late last year. But that's nothing new, temps come and go over the years to provide security for full time folks. But now full time folks are getting worried. Some of the machinists are already pulling work up from April and May just to have something to do. Of course, machinists make up only a small portion of the workforce and workload. New app generators is where we make our money at. We need people ordering new generator units for either existing on new power plants. Within the last 18 months, we've supposedly dropped from #1 in generator sales, to #3. GE is now first and Mitsubishi is 2nd.

However, they are making some major changes within our infrastructure, that is drastically out of the box compared to anything I've seen them do over the years. Seasoned long time upper management are being pulled off their standard job completely and placed with marketing duties, with the sole responsibility of finding us new work. Whether it be traditional or not. I've seen the folks here save the day and cover slow months before, but this seems to be a much bigger gap they will have to cover in order to save our ass, with a higher possibility that corporate will view the profit loss we will see this year (and next year if the load books stay the same), as an asset that needs to be cut and shut 'er down. I don't think it will be a layoff, I think it will be shut 'er down and move what we do, in-house in the Charlotte, NC plant.

At this point nothing is a guarantee, whether it be positive or negative. But if corporate busts out the chopping block, I would rather have $12k added to my savings account, rather than taking up space in the shop. No toy will ever be more important than peace of mind derived from financial stability. So now that I've clarified, **** y'all LOL no wedding ring, and she actually liked riding so she definitely would never be the reason I sold anything anyways! Or any female to come, for that matter. I don't even know why I typed all this, I ain't gotta prove myself to you homo's :flipoff1:

"Well why aren't you selling the motorcycle now?"

Because it doubles as cheap transportation while also serving as a hobby I've always been passionate about, doesn't cost much of **** to go riding, and I don't have near as much money in it. :dblthumb:

if it gets too bad, look on International Papers website, they are always looking for machinists.

Just got a couple things to add here... would've loved to have ridden at Harlan with ya and had a few beers :drinkers: ::) and DAMN THAT THING IS SWEET!!!! Worth every penny in my opinion! Glws and everything you're trying to accomplish!

johneddie said:
Just got a couple things to add here... would've loved to have ridden at Harlan with ya and had a few beers :drinkers: ::) and DAMN THAT THING IS SWEET!!!! Worth every penny in my opinion! Glws and everything you're trying to accomplish!

Thanks man! I will be back in the game one day. And hell, if it doesn't sell I guess I will be keeping it! I will keep it before I take a huge loss on it. :driving:

A lot of times the best way to get your money out of a built to the hilt Yota is to part em out

race_jeep said:
23 doll hairs! :****:

I'll sell the rearview mirror for that!

Neal3000 said:
A lot of times the best way to get your money out of a built to the hilt Yota is to part em out

Yeah, I def ain't going that route. Hate to break up such a good working machine.

Latest posts