• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Super dooty tires

Damnyankee

Well, I need new tires on my rig.

Its an 02 CC F250 powerstroke.

Stock height, (i don't want to lift it)

Its also my daily driver so it sees alot of road miles.
Its my tow rig as well. Right now i've got some all seasons on it (thats what it had when i bought it) and it really sucks. i have to put it into 4x4 to get up gravel hills when i'm towing.

so, its 95% paved road.

But with it being my tow rig, its nice to have some decent traction when hauling up into the bush.

What are your opinions, suggestions on new tires, and reasons to back it up.

Lets here it. I need them before winter.:beer:

Well, I need new tires on my rig.

Its an 02 CC F250 powerstroke.

Stock height, (i don't want to lift it)

Its also my daily driver so it sees alot of road miles.
Its my tow rig as well. Right now i've got some all seasons on it (thats what it had when i bought it) and it really sucks. i have to put it into 4x4 to get up gravel hills when i'm towing.

so, its 95% paved road.

But with it being my tow rig, its nice to have some decent traction when hauling up into the bush.

What are your opinions, suggestions on new tires, and reasons to back it up.

Lets here it. I need them before winter.:beer:

I hear the Ribbed Trojan's have good traction in the mud......LOL!!! :fawkdancesmiley: but they will work good in the bush to...hahahahahaha!.....don't tell your wife i said that...LOL!!:awesomework:

I'm looking at a more aggressive A/T for my next tire.. ProComp's A/T's look to be a good tire and will probably be the next set for my truck. I'd look into a 285/75/16 for your truck.

I'm running BFG at's drive great on highway smooth, good traction to get to the trails.
I had mud terrains on before and they were alot louder on the road :awesomework:

I'm running BFG at's drive great on highway smooth, good traction to get to the trails.
I had mud terrains on before and they were alot louder on the road :awesomework:
thats what i run on my tow rig, and on my DD. wouldnt run anything else...

I run BFG Mud Terrain KM's on my 97 PSD, which has been my DD/Tow rig for the last couple yrs, have 30K on 'em and they're still over 50% tread...Being's it's a diesel, the added road noise (which isn't that much louder) isn't much of a concern for me over A/T's!:redneck:
I also use the rig for hunting, which means getting up in the hills sometimes with snow on the road (sometimes towing the quad trailer up as well), and with the center sections siped, they are awesome...:awesomework: They no longer make the KM, but have heard good things about the KM2 from buddies that run 'em on theirs....

I have the Pro Comp Extreme AT on my 01 Cummins and I do everything from DD to towing to doing truck pulls and they do well all around.

I ran Goodwrench MTR's for 2 years on my PSD and loved them. I only went to the toyo's I have now because I needed a bigger tire after swapping axles with a lower gear ratio. Great tread good wear and damn quiet. i drove from Mount Vernon to Everett every day during the winter when all the snow was on the ground and they did very well.

I have the Pro Comp Extreme AT on my 01 Cummins and I do everything from DD to towing to doing truck pulls and they do well all around.

these are actually ones i've been thinking about.

the procomps are on sale right now too 4 for price of 3.

I'm going to look at those i think.

thanks for the advice.. and recommondations.

this hobby just gets more and more expensive..lol:beer:

Take a look at the Toyo M-55, it is an E- Rated super heavy duty tire developed for commercial trucks. They have super deep long wearing tread, mine have about 11K on them and the rears are just starting to show some wear. I put a ton of miles on them this winter and loved the traction on ice. Unfortunately they are not cheap.

They no longer make the KM, but have heard good things about the KM2 from buddies that run 'em on theirs....
The KM2's SUCK on a tow rig! I put a set on ours last week. As soon as I hit highway speed I knew we weren't going to like them. The don't track worth a ****. It's like driving a boat. With the camper and trailer on, they really suck. It's hard to stay in your lane. Passing a semi on the freeway around a corner is a white knuckle experience.

:shaking:

Good thing Discount has a kick ass return policy. They're going back this week.

I like the Toyo M/T's. Put about 31K miles on them in the last year. Looks like I'll get one more year out of them. Don't do alot of towing, but do tow a 24' Enclosed as well as a open car trailer. The tires do as well as I could ask. I will replace them with the same next summer. The cheapest I could find them was $1180 for 35x12.50R18's though so they're not the cheapest

We went with BFG all terains. They seem a lot better, but we haven't had the camper back on yet. We towed the Jeep up to Reiter yesterday and it was smooth as a baby's butt (I'm the Pope, I know baby's butts).

I just bought a set of Toyo MT's, solely because they were all I could find with an "E" rating. Last set were BFG's but they seperated during our week of hot weather. Was told it was because my rig is so freaking heavy(a 3-ton floorjack will just barely lift the left rear) These are alot louder than the old ones but alot more aggressive too.