• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Super Mega Ultra Extreme Dana 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

muddinmetal said:
There is not a poster in this thread who's rig you could follow... HL is for wheelers, Hardcore wheelers who work on their own **** & support their own families & hobbies :****:
Tha rock lobster couldn't even follow my huntin truck! How people come up with this bs about web wheelers is beyond me?

AdamMannis said:
if there are any other questions I can answer for you, please feel free to ask away.

Just one quick question for you. I am building this bitchin crawler, it is in stock form now. What axle set do you recommend putting under it? It will be used every day to go back and forth to my mailbox, keep in mind I am from Alabama and am a "little backwoods". There is a good chance that I will have to crawl over a few sticks that may have fallen in the driveway since my last trip to the mailbox, so I need something that will hold up to the abuse from my mail runs.

Here is a picture of my project.

Thanks for any help that you can give me!

WHIZARD said:
Just one quick question for you. I am building this bitchin crawler, it is in stock form now. What axle set do you recommend putting under it? It will be used every day to go back and forth to my mailbox, keep in mind I am from Alabama and am a "little backwoods". There is a good chance that I will have to crawl over a few sticks that may have fallen in the driveway since my last trip to the mailbox, so I need something that will hold up to the abuse from my mail runs.

Here is a picture of my project.

Thanks for any help that you can give me!
we generally wheel those just as they are over here. they arent much for the uphill stuff, but they get pretty wild going down hill especially if you fill the engine with 80 proof+ first.

AdamMannis said:
i dont think the chromoly shafts I have picked out are going to be nearly the weak point.
I started breaking dana 44 chromoly shafts on 37s in my yj so I went bigger. Not sure what voodoo you think is going to keep this axle in one piece besides a feather weight right foot.

Since you are set on trying what many have tried before, build away. Keep track of your spending. You might just end up documenting the most expensive d30 ever.

bgredjeep said:
I started breaking dana 44 chromoly shafts on 37s in my yj so I went bigger. Not sure what voodoo you think is going to keep this axle in one piece besides a feather weight right foot.

Since you are set on trying what many have tried before, build away. Keep track of your spending. You might just end up documenting the most expensive d30 ever.
well, I'm a crawler not a bouncer, so skinny pedal isnt that much of an issue.

AdamMannis said:
$2500-3000 ish I'll try my best to keep a running total of expenses.

Why not just build the hi-9 now?? Surely you can put one together for that kinda money.

matth_85 said:
Why not just build the hi-9 now?? Surely you can put one together for that kinda money.
simply because I want to build this axle and see what happens. thats the only reason. I don't expect it to be magical, i just think its an under estimated axle than can handle a lot more work than its given credit for.

muddinmetal said:
You can almost buy a built 14 bolt for that :wtflol:
I'm aware, but thanks ... a 14 bolt with a 37" tire would be like dragging an anchor around. this build is specifically for a 37" tire and a stockish jeep. i don't expect it to do the work of a built bouncer with 800 HP and rock wells wearing 54s, but i can take this places that the big tire guys cant. tight, narrow trails, and sharp turns, not to mention driving it there and back without need for another truck and trailer.

He ain't gonna break **** at the Dairy Queen. The curbs are really not that high. :rolf:

I think your name here should be changed to Robin. :stir:

JohnG said:
He ain't gonna break **** at the Dairy Queen. The curbs are really not that high. :rolf:

I think your name here should be changed to Robin. :stir:
i sent you a friend request on facebook. I think we'll be great friends.

In that case, send me $2900 and i'll reveal the end results to your experiment.

Denied....

2b4316dca445a942c2f161434478b767.jpg

57d8fa9e739f0409b72a260dc8413c6b.jpg

I wish I had the extra $3k to waste..... ::)

What happens when you spend all that cash and time to build the thing and it does fail, (which it will)? Is money no object? What allows you to so easily write off such a huge financial hit? Yes, I am getting into your business. You're going to come on here and spout off all this nonsense about not caring if it does or doesn't work. I want to have the same level of #nfg with my spending that I can build dumb **** just to blow it up. I thought some of the other wasteful habits I have were foolish....

Status
Not open for further replies.