• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

suspension seats

hinton

i have been thinking about getting some suspension seats for my rig since i have had to go under the knife cause of a broken hip i want something a little easier on my hip and back, i was wandering what brand and style of seat everyone likes have been looking at the corbeau ultra wide or maybe a set of twisted stitch pro seats need one in a wide since i am a bigger guy 5 10" and about 250lb so have not really looked at the mastercraft or prp seats

I have a master craft wide body in mine. Not a whole lot of suspension in it.

I love Corbeau's for the $$ and comfort, they are a really good product for the money. The Twisted Stitch seat in Adam Carter's buggy is friggin badass and man is it cooshy and has a ton of stitch and effort in it. I was really impressed with that thing. I dont know what they cost but it looked very well built. Personally the I was not impressed with the seat's in Matt's old TJ, I think they were PRP's but they make so many different "model's" who know's the differences. Good luck dood, sounds like you will benefit from some research since your already damaged good !

I have had PRP's and now Beards. The PRP's were Daily Driver and they have low bolsters designed for daily driven rigs. My Beards are true race type seats, they are nice construction.

I have the Corbeaus in mine and love them but they are a Bitch to clean when muddy

I've got the corbeau ultra ss's in my rig.. same with my brother in his 4Runner and dad in his CJ7... they are great for the cheap price. Now you said you were lookin at the wide ultras, my dad has them in his FJ40 which for him (skinny dude) was a waste. For the money they are great, I like my all vinyl ones. I would definetly want to try twisted stitch depending on the cost though because on the corbeau's you can tell they are not top notch quality but they do get the job done!!

I have a Corbeau now, but talking with Twisted Stitch about one. I am going to check out AC's this weekend and decide.

I have beards and they are alright, kind of a bitch to clean. They were about 300 bucks for 2. I would really like some twisted stictch ones, but I dunno if I would spend 700 on a set, when corbeaus and beards work.

P said:
Why do you say that ? **** I have black vinyl and couldnt be more happy about it :dunno:

Hot, sweaty mutha's. Or at least I think so. All I do is sweat in those things, but my rear black cloth seat is a little better in the heat.
I would rather have a gray with cloth centers that I have to clean rather than the hot black vinyls.

Beyer said:
Hot, sweaty mutha's. Or at least I think so. All I do is sweat in those things, but my rear black cloth seat is a little better in the heat.
I would rather have a gray with cloth centers that I have to clean rather than the hot black vinyls.

see my rig is always in the garage never being used so I wouldn't know about gettin hot and sweaty actually wheelin

:****:

MUCHADO said:
see my rig is always in the garage never being used so I wouldn't know about gettin hot and sweaty actually wheelin

:****:

Come down to clayton or Hot Springs with us this summer. It gets MUGGY! :****:

I changed out my Corbeau Black vinyl with yellow cloth inserts for the solid black vinyl. The yellow cloth faded and when it got dirty, it was a mutha to clean, even when they were scotch garded. I also noticed that the cloth seams tore apart from the vinyl seams. The vinyl seemed to be stronger material. i guess I gotta lose some asspad.