• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suspension Seats

Blueleader

Who here is running suspansion seats in their rigs? My back is pretty well screwed (blown disc) and I'm wondering if a decent set of suspension seats will help me get back on the trail without too much pain. I've never sat in them before and really don't know much about them. Anybody have any pointers on what's good/bad/whatever? Are there any local shops that have a good selection I can check out? I'm hoping to put a set into my early CJ5. The wheel wells are cut back a few inches so I have a little more room than a standard 5 but not by much.

PRP Comp high backs.. absolutely love them

Those guys rod and customs in bremerton

Pat will hook you up

Defiately worth it

Beard seats in the race rig. been end over end a couple of times and walked away with no pain whatsoever (well other than have some hippy guy drag me back to camp):clappy:

I just poked around on the PRP website. It looks like the Roadster seat might be a good fit but the sides are kinda low. The comp series looks a little too wide for my rig. It's 22" wide but I only have 9 1/2" from the cage to the center of the steering wheel.

The Racecraft Slimline looks to be about the size I need but it also has the low sides. I suppose that's something I'll have to live with to get a narrower seat. How is the quality on the Racecraft stuff?

roccrawler said:
PRP Comp high backs.. absolutely love them

Those guys rod and customs in bremerton

Pat will hook you up

Defiately worth it

X3 I have a bad back too now I can beat my junk all day with no pain:D :clappy:

I sat in Manders MasterCraft seats once. But I was really drunk and I stepped on her hand when I was getting in her Jeep. So I really wasn't concerned about how the seats felt.

However, I have heard people that have the MasterCraft seats aren't too happy with them.

Thanks everyone,
To tell you the truth, the Roadster isn't that supportive of a seat, the Daily Driver is still low sided, but much better back support.
I have demo models at the shop for the most popular/more common ones, and have a few new styles on the way, and all the color samples as well.

My cousin runs Beard highback's in both his trail and race rigs. We can wheel all day or race all weekend and be none the worse for pain. The only problem is the High sides make it very awkward to get in and out of the drivers seat, even with the tilt column in the trail rig it is still a PITA. If I was going to drive it all the time I would definitly buy seats with a lower sides.

And I will be going to buy a set of PRP seats from Those Guys since they are half the price of the Beard seats and appear to be of the same quality construction.

My prp highbacks feel real good. They have never moved except from my junk pile to the living room. But they feel real good when im sittin in em.

I have beards in my buggy and a ****ed up back. I love how snug they are and have bounced, floped, rolled, footballed, with no problems. The only injury was from hitting my head as I unbuckled.

You welcome to come grab them for a day or 2 to see if they will fit in you rig

Corbeau in mine, just love them. lots of support and can wheel all day and no problems with the back. They are kinda a pain to get in and out of but that is the price u pay for the support u get. Way better then the stockers. Def. worth the $150 apiece in my mind.

I run the racecraft elite's and have never hyad any issues with them. I've got a bad back as well and they've suited me fine, even after driving 1000 miles straight in them. :cool:

I had the MasterCraft Rubicon w/lumbar, they are nice. They are worth the money. I wheeled Reiter once with the old seats and felt it for a week. Put in the MC's, wheeled Rimrock on long day, felt great, even the wife liked them.

WhizBangChris said:
I just poked around on the PRP website. It looks like the Roadster seat might be a good fit but the sides are kinda low. The comp series looks a little too wide for my rig. It's 22" wide but I only have 9 1/2" from the cage to the center of the steering wheel.

The Racecraft Slimline looks to be about the size I need but it also has the low sides. I suppose that's something I'll have to live with to get a narrower seat. How is the quality on the Racecraft stuff?

i went with racecraft and absolutely love them. i also have a herniated disc so it extends my wheeling time about 6 to 8 hours longer each day.

KarlVP said:
I sat in Manders MasterCraft seats once. But I was really drunk and I stepped on her hand when I was getting in her Jeep. So I really wasn't concerned about how the seats felt.

However, I have heard people that have the MasterCraft seats aren't too happy with them.
You must have been drunk...since they are Beards. :flipoff:

The seats were great when I first got them, but as a daily driver they don't last too long and I can barely see over the steering wheel now that they are mashed down a bit. :booo:

With alot of the suspension seats, you can remove the cover, re-pad them, and some allow you to re-string the base tighter to get them back to the way they were. We have modified a few of the PRP's with more/less padding to meet the customers needs.

what is everyone's feeling on all vinyl seats vs. cloth. I would assume vinyl would hold up better, but being offroad seats i would think that the fabrics used would be somewhat weather resistant if you went with some kind of cloth.

Bobbo3234 said:
what is everyone's feeling on all vinyl seats vs. cloth. I would assume vinyl would hold up better, but being offroad seats i would think that the fabrics used would be somewhat weather resistant if you went with some kind of cloth.

when a vinyl seat gets wet you can just dry it with a towel a cloth seat that gets wet is just plain wet. under that cloth is foam which absorbs...the way the seats are designed if it gets rel wet it holds about a gallon of water.

Latest posts