• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SW2 Chassis

Toom

j.c., i ordered my kit like two weeks ago and i haven't got it yet, i talked to [email protected], and he said production was down, so i might not be able to make it to the comp in orc, cause i ain't gonna flippin run my stock chassis rigs....they just won't cut it........

Toom said:
j.c., i ordered my kit like two weeks ago and i haven't got it yet, i talked to [email protected], and he said production was down, so i might not be able to make it to the comp in orc, cause i ain't gonna flippin run my stock chassis rigs....they just won't cut it........

I built my own chassis plates simular to what benders are..

Not too hard at all...

crash said:
What wheel/tire combo doug?
narrowed HPI's "spike" and 2.2 Moabs with my no foam method of mounting them with bb's inside. I have some narrowed Mashers you would like. :D

So that must be why they look bigger since the narrowing forces the tire to be larger in diameter

crash said:
So that must be why they look bigger since the narrowing forces the tire to be larger in diameter
bingo!! that and I will have to share with ya how to do them up right.Tire foams suck. :D

I am just now putting up my first build thread from 2 years ago, it has some tech.

I use a cut off wheel bolt and bolt it to my rims. Then I stick it in the chuck of my drill press. Then use an exacto knife turned backwards and use it like a lathe. Makes super clean cuts and goes through it like butter. For up here I tend to run my mashers alot more then my moabs because they work better for me for some reason.

I use stampede rears and I cut off right behind where the inner bead is. It's a nice clean cut the I turn it around, glue it, and slide it back over the wheel. It's a perfect fit and super easy. It is hard to measure since my tires are glued on but mine look like they are 1 1/4" or so wide.

Yeah but the IC2000 works better for cut n shut stuff. You should get some of the quick set tire glue the shops sell for gluing rims together. IC2000 tends to make a mess because it takes awhile to set right when putting rims back together. Only problem with the quick set is if your fingers get any on and touch each other good luck getting them apart.

j.c., that's a sick truck Dude, and i have my stock chassis shat set up just fine, they both have pede trannies, but i ain't going all the way to orc to run a stock chassis rig, and that's the bottom line cause "you know who" said so!