• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sweet cj-7 on barret jackson

1980cj5

I saw an 83 cj-7 go for 36,000 dollars on Barret Jackson. I was wondering why this thing went for so much I just cant figure it out. Is nice paint and some chrome really worth that much?

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=105&aid=303&pop=0[/URL]

I am guesing it has something to do with the purple shock boots on the shifters:eeek::haha: Looks like it came right off the the cover of 1990 4wheeler mag.

Last edited:
cause its got crome, its only been driven 5 miles since restoration, V8, big tires, its only been drivin 5 miles since restoration, an a sweet flame job! o, an its only been drivin 5 miles since restoration!:haha:

I think it looks more like a 1988 Off Road mag cover vehicle...

I was thinking 1987 show Jeep - but I think we all have the idea... 80's bling for sure and 36.000 - Barrett Jackson hype for sure. Don Johnson's 1994 Landrover D90 went for just over 50G, all original 15,000 original miles

Auctions like that aren't places regular Joes hang out at to get a car or truck or whatever. A lot of high-rollers there with plenty of green.

Barrett Jackson has become a joke.

was it ever not a joke? I was reading an article in one of the hotrod mags lately about a vette.. The owner went to one Barret Jackson auction years ago and saw how much it inflated the price of the cars. So he started buying cars, putting some spit shine into em, and selling em at Barret-Jackson. He made a living off of it for a few years and had more then enough money to start a hotrod shop. Just from selling cars at Barret-Jackson.. Makes you wonder how these people are so rich when they're so poor with managing their money. They're just throwing it away.