• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SX stickies

I'll go head and tell Ya, with the 205 in my ****, I got them stickies, and like u it made me sick as **** to spend that on tires.. After a couple of rides I could tell a diff, but I wasn't 3k dollars happy. Not even close. Actually regreted it kinda.. Just kept Thinkin "fuk my 42's never let me down" .. Then with gearing from atlas, and tires breaking in, (I guess) it was like a totally different rig. Couple rides later, I LOVE my treps.. They love any kinda terrian I ride on .. Shits amazing how different it is.. With tha 205 I had to just hit it everywhere I went, now i can let the tires work.. And by God they reach out and grab.. Your right bout drivin like an old man.. If Ya wanna hammer it, I know someone with some tires for Ya.. :****: **** kills me to see stickies on buggie hittin everything with 600 hp wide open, just spinnin. Wtf wouldn't spin driving like that. Slow down and let Em eat. I think you'll be happy as **** after they break in. It took a few rides for mine. No ****. I wanted to sell them bitches win I got em. Now I wouldn't sell em. But then again, yAll got more experience than me.

Re:

No the bouncer would not have made it up the hill if he only had one locker just like that hulk buggy didn't make it up the waterfall trail at hale mtn and I did. I have not watched either of the vids of those bouncers yet, but im assuming its a brutal throttle assault hill like most Of them. When you are blowing the tires off bouncing off the rev limiter, there is less of a difference between sticky and non stickies.

As far as the coilovers, links, etc. You turned that into your own context like you usually do. Link setups came about after leaf springs as did coilovers after coil spring/shock absorber setups, even though those aren't that different. The point was when the next greatest thing comes along, it's always more expensive. Case in point when I broke a leaf spring on the front of my rig, I could have bought another set of leafs brand new for $400 shipped, but instead, I spent $1,800 linking it with coilovers. Going to the next level. More expensive. It works much better now and I've went up several obstacles I never even wanted to try before. So I guess every obstacle I've been up since it got linked is just a purchased rock ledge, hill, notch, etc. Yes, yes it is purchased! That's the whole name of the game! To point out or note that an obstacle is purchased by spending more money on better tires is simply stating the obvious, of every aspect of any motorsport. Every obstacle made with a vehicle that has any mod over stock form is essentially a purchased obstacle.

You buying a prefabbed chassis, putting rocks under it, big v8 in it, and any oversized offroad tire, is purchasing everything that buggy is capable of making. Lol it's like saying, well the only reason you made it up that is bc you have 4wd....well no ****! Lol

Re:

I may be wrong, but I think I know where JJ is coming from. He would rather use his brain to make his buggy better through tuning instead of just spending money. If he could make an obstacle by having dialed in suspension rather than with tires with a half ass attempt at dialing it in. Hell, maybe I am wrong. I just like doing things as cheap as possible with the same results as everyone else. It bites me more often than not, but my junk usually is impressive until it gives up its ghost.

Kel Lawrence

Re:

TacomaJD said:
No the bouncer would not have made it up the hill if he only had one locker just like that hulk buggy didn't make it up the waterfall trail at hale mtn and I did. I have not watched either of the vids of those bouncers yet, but im assuming its a brutal throttle assault hill like most Of them. When you are blowing the tires off bouncing off the rev limiter, there is less of a difference between sticky and non stickies.

As far as the coilovers, links, etc. You turned that into your own context like you usually do. Link setups came about after leaf springs as did coilovers after coil spring/shock absorber setups, even though those aren't that different. The point was when the next greatest thing comes along, it's always more expensive. Case in point when I broke a leaf spring on the front of my rig, I could have bought another set of leafs brand new for $400 shipped, but instead, I spent $1,800 linking it with coilovers. Going to the next level. More expensive. It works much better now and I've went up several obstacles I never even wanted to try before. So I guess every obstacle I've been up since it got linked is just a purchased rock ledge, hill, notch, etc. Yes, yes it is purchased! That's the whole name of the game! To point out or note that an obstacle is purchased by spending more money on better tires is simply stating the obvious, of every aspect of any motorsport. Every obstacle made with a vehicle that has any mod over stock form is essentially a purchased obstacle.

You buying a prefabbed chassis, putting rocks under it, big v8 in it, and any oversized offroad tire, is purchasing everything that buggy is capable of making. Lol it's like saying, well the only reason you made it up that is bc you have 4wd....well no ****! Lol

That first sentence concludes the original argument so at this point I feel like everything else was just incidental. But none of the upgrades you mentioned are just "write a check and prosper" upgrades like stickies are. Yes, everything is just purchasing performance to some extent but I know a few rigs (not going to name them) that seem to have all the money in the world thrown at them and still can't seem to accomplish crap. At some point there is some user input to realize the full effect of the purchased upgrade, unlike stickies where the only user input is money. I'm sorry that you feel like I am adding context to this. It seems like a dirt-simple concept to me that is obvious. To me its like saying the sky is blue and then having someone argue that it isn't. You can buy all the high-priced stuff you want but if you don't know what to do with it you'll always be showed out by the dude with the rust bucket Toyota who knows how to build and drive.

Every set of stickies I have had didn't impress me when they were new. Give them a dozen or so rides and you'll be much happier. As the tread starts to get that rolled look, they start to really hang on to the rocks. I really love being able to take more technical lines, and put your tires exactly where you want crawling **** you should not be able to.

Alright, it's far is I'm concerned this thread is over. JJ bought stickies, they were expensive, but he is happy. Good deal.
The rest of this is just getting gay. :flipoff1:

Got any pics? I was 5600 with wheel brakes and 47s. I've since gone to pinion brakes.

Re: Re: SX stickies

CheapJ7 said:
Alright, it's far is I'm concerned this thread is over. JJ bought stickies, they were expensive, but he is happy. Good deal.
The rest of this is just getting gay. :flipoff1:
be2a5823ee11a3209bd6ab4bd813fad1.jpg