• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SXOR single seater build

I'm still slowly making progress here and there. Plumbing is almost done, all I have left is the orbital to ram hoses. Tomorrow I start my 7 day long weekend and it looks like I might actually get that whole time off. I plan to finish up the plumbing tomorrow and start on the wiring. Fingers crossed I might be able to crank this thing over by the end of the weekend.

Here's some pictures of some of the plumbing work.

Yesterday I got the last two hydraulic hoses made up to finish out the plumbing. And got a good start on the wiring. I'm heading back out to the shop in just a little bit to work more on wiring.

More wiring done today. Battery switch mounted and battery cables ran. Main fuse mounted and wired. Chassis ground cables ran. Starter and alternator cables ran. Also mounted the transmission shifter and and adjusted the linkage.

Working nights tomorrow through Monday, but fingers crossed we might get to hear the motor run next week.

Forgive my ignorance, but does that whole shaft turn? If not, keps nuts aren't made to be tightened and constantly rotated.

Looking good! Anybody called lap yet? If not, holler at me on the shakedown ride! :driving: :drinkers:

You're talking about the nut on the transmission shift lever in the last pic right? The lever has a square cut-out in it that keys onto the shaft. All the nut is doing is holding the arm on. It all rotates together

hokie_yj said:
You're talking about the nut on the transmission shift lever in the last pic right? The lever has a square cut-out in it that keys onto the shaft. All the nut is doing is holding the arm on. It all rotates together

Yes sir, I gotcha. I had never seen a linkage like that. Carry on with the awesome work, wiring and plumbing is top notch!