• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

T-Case Doubler - X-Member

Bobbo3234

So my rig is finally starting to come together, slowly. I have the DD Machine doubler installed with a D300 behind it. I have been doing some reading about trying to build a cross member to help support the weight of the D300.

Right now the motor mounts are solid (no poly bushings) and the trans is mounted on some poly pucks to the crossmember.

Just looking for some ideas for the rear cross-member. I have read about some folks that added a x-member in addition to the trans mount and others that removed trans mount and only used one on the t-case.

Any suggestions?

So my rig is finally starting to come together, slowly. I have the DD Machine doubler installed with a D300 behind it. I have been doing some reading about trying to build a cross member to help support the weight of the D300.

Right now the motor mounts are solid (no poly bushings) and the trans is mounted on some poly pucks to the crossmember.

Just looking for some ideas for the rear cross-member. I have read about some folks that added a x-member in addition to the trans mount and others that removed trans mount and only used one on the t-case.

Any suggestions?

If the motor is solid mounted the rest of your drivetrain should also be solid mounted

I have been told that you don't want to support both the D300 and the tranny. it causes wierd binding I guess.

I just recently did a doubler, and only have the tranny and engine supported. My over all lenghth with the 2 speed box and the D300 is the same as it was with just the nissan T case. I have had it out for a 4 day weekend wheeling, camping ect, and 1 day of good wheeling. so far no issues.