• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

T max winches????

I have a 9000 t-max and it seems to work good I winch some guys on the outlet mall with it and it held up. Money Mark runs one to but I dont think he has ever used it:D

Last edited:
If you're wondeiring about t-max making the summit winches.... i think they do. I bought a summit winch, 9.5k. SAME EXACT SPEC SHEET, the online instructions are for a t-max winch, but the instructions i got with the winch are summit... but i am pretty sure they're PRETTY MUCH the same thing....:eeek:

Wheres Joop I think he runs a t-max

yep I have one. I think I was the 3rd person in the US or Northwest to get one. So mine is an old style 9500lb. It's been abused and never failed. Most use was on Elbe last winter, it got hot after winching for I bet 3 hours continous and all day but kept pulling. After that trip I rebuilt it, pretty cheap to rebuild (aprox $25).

Very good winches right up there or better than Warns.

I ended up doing a survey for T-max like a year after I bought mine, gave them my opinion and options I wish it had. I suggested a 2 speed, or one with a faster pull. Mine is like 216:1 or somewhere around there, vs. Warns are like 170??:1. It pulls slower but it can pull way more than 9500lbs.

Very good winch get it. I could go on and on and stories to death on how I have put this sucker to the test. :cool:

I have a 9000 t-max and it seems to work good I winch some guys on the outlet mall with it and it held up. Money Mark runs one to but I dont think he has ever used it:D

:D I use it whenever I wheel with a Yota. :D

The free spool is too tight, my only complaint.

Very impressed with these winches. And yes summit is a T-Maxx. Ran several and know many that do. Buddy has a 12k on the front of his 02 dodge. He was pulling a 42ft toy hauler 5th wheel, weighing in at 17K loaded down (+ truck), got truck and trailer stuck in the sand and ol summit pulled the setup almost 100 ft before exploding. I think that pretty impressive from that winch. Called tmaxx to let them know what happend and there was a brand new winch int he mail that day.

Competition Specialties also sells T-Max with their logo on it. Most any local parts house can order you one.

Hardware Sales up here sells T-Maxx's; (360) 734-6140 Ask for Bryce in the cable shop.... I don't own one, but have seen 'em in action--seems a pretty stout unit!!

Through my work Lynnwood Auto Parts (NAPA) i can get them through Competition Specialties which is how i got mine:awesomework:

There are minor diffrences in the comp re-badged ones but its the same winch

the guy at the comp show tried to tell me otherwise so i went and grabbed one of each and showed the poor bastard:haha: