• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya fear of closing? False rumor?

So I just did some quick math on how many users would it take per day to just cover law enforcement. Now these are rough and are no way accurate. But I bet I am close
Fees Users
$50.00 27
$25.00 55
$10.00 137
$5.00 274

THis every day 365 numbers

Well last weekend their was about 300 dam motor cycles just on sunday.

Based on what? How much do you think a DNR cop makes?
Likely...example: you remember the at the DNR meeting the conversation about Kim, and what it would take to keep her there???

I for one would hnave ZERO issues paying to play as long as those funds are allocated(sp) to the area being used and not sucked into the general fund.

X-2!!!:mad:
And you were close! :fawkdancesmiley::redneck:

According to our rep (jeff) who has been working at tahuya longer than I can remember there is no eminent danger of the park closing. We all know this can all change overnight given the current political issues but there is no scuttle about it closing now. Some of the trails are closed right now due to logging activity but they will reopen soon. Some dumbazz has built a user built trail around one of the new hillclimbs and the Qpaws will be working on closing that this weekend. Jeff was talking about a very sophisticated bootleg logging outfit working the area for firewood. These guys are even taking old growth down and hauling it off in 20' lengths. They are working at night and we were warned that they are armed and dangerous. The cops know who they are but cant seem to catch them in the act.

According to our rep (jeff) who has been working at tahuya longer than I can remember there is no eminent danger of the park closing. We all know this can all change overnight given the current political issues but there is no scuttle about it closing now. Some of the trails are closed right now due to logging activity but they will reopen soon. Some dumbazz has built a user built trail around one of the new hillclimbs and the Qpaws will be working on closing that this weekend. Jeff was talking about a very sophisticated bootleg logging outfit working the area for firewood. These guys are even taking old growth down and hauling it off in 20' lengths. They are working at night and we were warned that they are armed and dangerous. The cops know who they are but cant seem to catch them in the act.

My Family lives out there and everyone in that neck of the woods is armed and dangerous :haha:

The Tahuya river valley is one of the few places I know of where the sound of automatic gun fire is not uncommon. If one person lets a few rounds go someone else will do the same and its a chain reaction.

well i was out there today, saw the logging equip. but the trails were still open. saw a few vounteer dnr guys by a small escavator, not sure doing what?

saw a few vounteer dnr guys by a small escavator, not sure doing what?

Three fingers hillclimb was turning into five fingers hillclimb so we blocked the newest easy line off. We also fixed the fence around mudlake and picked up around 400 empty beercans.
:beer:

heard they put up some new signs about a 96 in width limit I'm not sure if those are new or not?

heard they put up some new signs about a 96 in width limit I'm not sure if those are new or not?

True. The signs were recently put up at the trail head. I guess they don't want vehicles that are more stable then 96" in width. :stirpot:

It seems like a fair number to me.

So I just did some quick math on how many users would it take per day to just cover law enforcement. Now these are rough and are no way accurate. But I bet I am close
Fees Users
$50.00 27
$25.00 55
$10.00 137
$5.00 274

THis every day 365 numbers

Check your math again. thats 500k a year. Part time LEOS for DNR make about 45k a year (inc'd benefits), full time around 75k. Thats a much better number.

$500k close to an annual operating budget for a well oiled ORV park. Which btw, we should have all these parks be private, leased from DNR. :stirpot:

But for JUST LEOs, it works out to:
$50.00 4
$25.00 8
$10.00 20
$5.00 41

Or.. a better number is per YEAR you need this many visitors:
$50.00 1500
$25.00 3000
$10.00 7500
$5.00 15000

But going back to a full ORV park, at 500k annual budget, and most parks charge $15-$20/day with options for $150-$250 annual passes:
$20.00 25000 ppl/yr
$15.00 33333 ppl/yr

or -- 2000 people buy $250 annual passes. If only 1000 people got annual passes (more realistic), that cuts your budget need in half to 250k. That brings the remaining number for $20/day payers to 12500, which is close to what I think reiter was getting a year.

Fees are coming.. but DNR will screw up the process. Time to privatize and get the government out of it.

True. The signs were recently put up at the trail head. I guess they don't want vehicles that are more stable then 96" in width. :stirpot:

It seems like a fair number to me.

That's plenty fair. My hog is 81" wide. Barely fits on my trailer.