• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya opinions????

Catabeagle

Just want to hear some chirping on level, quality, amount of stuff to drive my crap around on. Is it shakedown run material? Or is it good wheelin for capable rigs?

Mostly shake down material. Couple rocky hill climbs but that's it. For me not even worth the gas to get there

it is one of those places that are as fun or not as you make it. we like to race through the south loop as fast as you can sometimes, the rock hills are reasonably hard, but for a drive from cov.??? there has got to be some area to do shakedowns closer. i live 20 mins away so tahuya is a great spot to go just to hang out with fellow wheelers and friends also.
you just can't compare a plce of this nature to a place like reiter or evans, it is different terrain.

agreed!

for as close as it is for me, its the go to "legal" spot :redneck:

as hard as you make it is the name of the game there though. My jeep bein wide, i have the funnest time squeezing and front diggin through trees and tightspots. I like the idea of gettin it on southloop :awesomework:

today actually blew up a rr dline and put a good "S" shape in my rr leafs.... too much throttle on slick big rock

The trails themselves are kinda dumb. There's a few spots that are fun to play on.

It is also fun to park at mud lake and watch people beat their ****. :awesomework:

The Tamers go there once a year. We have a great time. The new rock hills are a blast. It's a GREAT place to take newbies or folks just learning how to 4x4.

If you are locked F/R on at least 35's there are places to find a challenge but mostly it's a 2WD day.

I am locked up on 35's low gears etc...last time I was there my yota was stock. But I heard there was some obstacles added.

I wanna get a shakedown in and I have a buddy who lives in Belfair so maybe a visit and hittin those hill climbs would work. Thanks for the input folks:beer:

If your rig is overbuilt, and you really like very challenging terrain this is not the place for you. If you like to wheel, and bs with your buddys then it has its place. There a few things to play on, but majority can be run in 2wd.

I went through most of it in my 4runner on 35s with a open rear before I even had my front diff in. I Definately took some of the easier lines but it was a blast!

It is a fun place to go hang out and take it easy.......I run 47" tires and still seem to have fun,when I go out there..... 3 good rock hill climbs, one that is pretty Extreme, the other two are good.....99% 2wd.....its what ever you make of it.....if you are looking for an all day extreme wheeling trip then don't even waste your time.......