• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Take 92" - YJ Link kit from Motobilt with Nines

croes said:
Weld in a bung and add a valve! haha

Did you blow through when welding the truss on?

I got axle with truss on it. So I did not make the hole. :)

I have welded up the ends and refilled axle with no issue yet. Time will tell

finally took off the rear air shocks and drained and refilled the fluid..hoping this helps a bunch when going over woops

they had about 275cc in them and we filled them to 400 to test and see the difference

img_0007.jpg

img_0006.jpg

img_0008.jpg

difference in old oil vs new oil
img_0005.jpg

Happy to say I took the Jeep out and it did awesome..

this is always a great view when starting the weekend
img_0934.jpg

the 4 link kit flexed great and made easy work of some very hard trails in Harlan KY

Trails we did, lower rock garden, middle rock garden, upper rock garden, killing time, Lower Profanity, Upper Profanity, lions den and a few more I forget the names

On Thursday around 5:30, we headed up to the trails… it was getting close to dark, so we decided to hit some of the closer trails:

img_0935.jpg

img_0936.jpg

Lower Rock Garden:
The Jeep did great but I quickly learned that my tires were not aired down enough.. so that was on the to do list for Friday

img_0942.jpg

Fish Fossil:
It was now dark there was mud and still not much traction. It was a good opportunity to test out the new LED light bar.. IE: only time I have actually had a reason to use it :)

img_0946.jpg

Day 2: Friday, March 4

img_0960.jpg

img_0961.jpg

img_0962.jpg

img_0982.jpg

Not sure how I missed your build thread the first time around, but read through it start to present over the weekend.

Two observations:
1) you really like square headlight Jeeps.
2) you look totally different without facial hair. The Harlan selfie from March 2016 had me all sorts of confused.

You guys may laugh but I have been driving Jeep around and they damn thing has been a turd.. I tested compression etc and all good so a buddy was like have you checked your cat and see if clogged. so I took it off and well damn the thing was clogged slam up.. I ripped out all the guts put it back together and the jeep has crazy power..

sometimes it is the simplest things..

a buddy also called me up and said hey I have a deal for you.. 39" BFG sticky.. I was hesitant but decided well I just got new KMC beadlocks so this would be a perfect time for a change.

good news is the fit and only rub plastic stock fenders a little bit.

Took the jeep out for a local test wheel and they did great.. cant wait to get it out to some real challenging climbs..

IMG_20191109_103420.jpg
IMG_20191110_091142_607.jpg

You guys may laugh but I have been driving Jeep around and they damn thing has been a turd.. I tested compression etc and all good so a buddy was like have you checked your cat and see if clogged. so I took it off and well damn the thing was clogged slam up.. I ripped out all the guts put it back together and the jeep has crazy power..

sometimes it is the simplest things..

Glad to read it was a simple fix to get your power back and it certainly looks good with the 39's on there.

Latest posts