• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tell me about Harlan

sledneck said:
I'm going to be looking for a trail guide @ golden mtn and maybe windrock Oct 22-24 if you guys slap a HL ride together I'm down to ride just 1 park. Coming from PA so it would be good to be with a few others in case my junk breaks.
No fall crawl?

sledneck said:
I'm going to be looking for a trail guide @ golden mtn and maybe windrock Oct 22-24 if you guys slap a HL ride together I'm down to ride just 1 park. Coming from PA so it would be good to be with a few others in case my junk breaks.

We are riding Harlan Oct. 9-11.

sledneck said:

i'm always down for a GMP trip. shoot me a pm so we dont derail this thread.

Awesome pictures, I was there that weekend I made it about a half a mile when I noticed it was running a 220 degrees, I thought it was a head gasket, turned out the intake gasket blew. Bummer trip

I have been going since it opened about 10 years ago.

I have never had anything stolen. (I put a chain through my spares and don't leave stuff out)
I have never had any problems with cops doing drunk tests. ( I don't drink and drive - duh)
I prefer Evarts because it's close to town to get food etc. There are many more trails on the Evarts side. The trails to Putney suck if you are broken and try to limp back to camp (steep, slick, and narrow). Putney has a much nicer campground. Rent a house in Evarts is the best way to go. Avoid the cabins behind the gas station unless you want to stay in a small shed, lol.
Yes 3-4 days it perfect. Try to go with a group or get a guide so you won't miss the best parts.

There's a group of us from south Georgia going October 8-11. We have been going every year since 2008 and its our big ride. Harlan is the best on the east coast as far as I'm concerned and I've been to paragon Pennsylvania, big dogs in Virginia, and about every place Tenn and Alabama have to offer. It was our savior when they shut tellico down. If anybody else is going to be there in October hit us up. We'll be on the Putney side. We've got 4 cabins rented and may have a extra bunk or two.

I think they are a Bronco Ride going on that weekend also, I am going to try to be there on the 9th Sat. to check them out.

Hey fellas.
So, I took your advice and planned out a trip back when I originally posted this.
We have the big cabin at the end of June, and we're all getting wound up for the trip.

Where can I get a map ahead of time?

poolman said:
Check out the maps here, I don't think you'll regret going

Yep.. If you don`t get one here they sell them at the camp ground. There actually not to bad either. No way your going to regret going. If you don`t like Harlan you don`t like wheeling. lol Have fun!!

If u got the big cabin at harlan county campground then u wont regret that either, very very nice cabin and big as a small house, and u make a hard right and ur on the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poolman said:
Check out the maps here, I don't think you'll regret going

Not to sound like an idiot, but did I miss a link or something? I couldn't find a map for Harlan on Hardline. ???

SB406 said:
Not to sound like an idiot, but did I miss a link or something? I couldn't find a map for Harlan on Hardline. ???

Looks at the section right under trail rides

Re: Re: Tell me about Harlan

bad80cj said:
bring spare parts. :****:
We bring spare parts and spare vehicles! We usually take my Tracker or at least a 4 wheeler to Harlan because it would suck to break the first day and not be able to at least cruise the mountain after that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk