• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tell your wives about this.

patooyee

If you're like me a large percentage of your income goes to Wal-Mart for every-day household stuff and groceries. The amount of money that my wife spends there is staggering. I recently heard about jet.com though and have been ordering most of the stuff I would normally buy at Wal-Mart there instead. I am saving hundreds of dollars as a result. The company is actually set up to lose money for its first 5 years by giving discounts to customers. Shipping is free and most of it is 2-day. The more stuff you buy the more discounts you get. You can also get discounts by waiving your return rights on items and by using a debit card for payment. (Do you really ever return stuff like $2 toothbrushes, toilet paper, dog food, etc?) There is a free 30-day trial and after that it is $50/yr.

I am not affiliated with the company in any way. I get nothing for posting this. There is no referral process. I don't care if you try it or not. Maybe it will only be worthwhile for the first 5 years and after that they will suck. But for the time being this is our new preferred method of shopping. Not everything there is cheaper. You have to do some price comparing to know what is worth buying there vs Wal-Mart. You all know I am an analytical SOB. I have set up multiple identical carts on Jet and Wal-Mart.com. Jet is cheaper by about $30 per $100 spent at Wal-Mart on a regular basis. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But you don't have to buy anything you don't want so if you don't like it there is nothing to lose.

Our trips to Wal-Mart have reduced drastically and we don't have to deal The People of Wal-Mart nearly as often.

Just thought I would let you know.

bbone said:
Will check it out...dont necessarily mind walmart...but savings $ is always nice.

X2 always up for checking out new places to buy the same **** for less $

We order a lot of normal non grocery items from Walmart.com, free shipping over $50. Or Amazon (but they are usually more expensive on normal household items.)

Dog food is on scheduled deliver from petco.com

Walmart or Kroger trips for groceries weekly.

We happen to have 2 walmarts within 5 miles of each other, one is the crackhead/welfare infested shithole, the other isnt bad, everyone is usually clean and decently polite.

I'll tell the wifey about it and report back with the findings. thx for the tip, maybe.......lol

the guy who started jet.com sold diapers.com to Amazon for 545 Million dollars or something crazy like that.

Re:

Didn't know that but I do know you are currently appreciating any money saved on diapers. :)

Re:

Walmart has an app that you scan your receipt into, and it price matches other adds. If there is a cheaper price sonewhere, you get the difference. I think I have gotten $30 dollars or something.

I'm going to loon at jet to.

Re:

I've dl'd the Jet app on my phone to see if the hype is paying off. I give the company big credit for wanting to go head to head with Amazon.

I've got a few things in my wish list over there that I'm just waiting to pull the trigger on

Jet buys from Amazon and several other suppliers. If you buy something from them and they are getting it from Amazon they literally buy from Amazon, discount off the price they paid, and have it shipped to you. I have received Amazon packages with Amazon tape on them from Jet. Like I said, they are knowingly designed to lose money for their first 5 years. They buy from several other online sources as well. I don't know how this works out in the long-run. My best guess is that they have agreements in place with specific sellers that say they will get a discounts on their items after 5 years proving that they will be buying in bulk? IDK. Not everything on Amazon is available on Jet. But what it means for the buyer is that, if Amazon is your lowest price and Jet sells it, Jet will be cheaper by default for at least the next 4+ years.

Somewhere on their site they list the online retailers that they buy from if you are interested. Amazon is the biggest one.

I haven't checked out a ton of pricing but they sell tools and welding supplies as well.