• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tenative Gallagher Lake snow run SUNDAY Nov 23rd

japerry

IT IS ON! We have an estimated 2' Of snow falling between Friday and Sunday morning!

For more details and to signup, go here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/307612299434297#

After talking to John, it sounded like we should try to make the trek up there this weekend. Giving sunday our best chance because its going to be snowing pretty good saturday and there is very little snow up there right now.

Last edited:
yes there are a couple of places to park a trailer, i think one is a ranger station that closes in the winter, it has a parking lot just before you head up the forest service road.

Well the models just keep getting better and better. Instead of showing sunbreaks for sunday, there is an estimated 12-16" of snow expected to drop in a 24hr period as of sunday at 4am. As well as another 10" on sat, and 5" on Friday. We should have LOTS of snow to play with!

I'm still watching to make sure it doesn't warm up though. Even though its cold down here, there is a temperature inversion causing it to be warmer as you go higher. Its in the 50s at 5500ft!

Its nf-4330 road. They close it for tracked vehicles only when the snow gets deep but I cant find the dates or snow depth that determines the closure.

The Seattle Cruiserheads went up there last weekend.

Not much snow but several sections of the trail were solid sheets of ice. All the rigs had lockers and chains and they still had to winch some.

It's the snowmobile grooming season that closes the road. On or about Dec 15 is when it starts down here in the Naches. I think you can look it up on the State Snowmobile page.

i was up there last month for the first snow and thought that was it but then it quit snowing:mad:
have fun, stay safe. that last trail past the lake that takes you up real high could be fatal if super slick

Typically the number that I hear that closes a trail for sno park is 18" of snow...I have not found this anywhere in writing however...

Typically the number that I hear that closes a trail for sno park is 18" of snow...I have not found this anywhere in writing however...

That is the amount of snow required for off trail riding. It's a law somewhere. State of Fed I'm not sure. I do know it is enforceable at Government Meadows.