• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

thanx 4 the bent front axle

No. I think the guys on here. Is it the guy with the red caged toy that jumed it and killed a housing? Funny though if its the guy that bent his.:corn:

I just saw the town, and the name after the #----tried to put 2+2 together, guess I came up with 6....:haha:

Buy a aftermarket housing and be done with it

x2, buy a diamond housings. They are pretty much bombproof.

I really miss my old ones after fighting with these junkyard 60's.

One phonecall, a few measurements, wait a few weeks and presto nice brand new clean diff housings.

My rockwell has 12 degrees of crown built in to the housing STOCK. Should I throw it away?

Just keep tryin. Take a grinder and bevel the edge of the axleshaft end. Just about a quarter inch. It will slide in way easier. Some axlehousings need to ground out for chrome birf clearence.

The axle end hits the carrier the same time you need to push down on the birf, rocking in the seal area so it will tip up at the other end and go in and hits the housing before you can tip it enough.

I have installed over 50 birfs (easily) and a bunch being 30 spliners (the hardest to get in). I still get one once in a while that will make me furrious:beer:

Very true and the best advice in this thread.

Or be like me and buy a "diamond" housing:awesomework:

I just bought a Toy front for $150. Brought it home and tore it apart to find out it is bent. The casters are in such awesome shape I decided to bend it back and gusset it. A buddy of mine is latheing out the bushings for the alignment bar for me so we can straighten it back. :awesomework:

Rocket science I tell ya. :haha:

100_0957.jpg

Latest posts