• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

That sweet deal...

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Once in a while you are in a position to get something (maybe for your wheeling rig, maybe not) for a damn good deal. Sure, you have been saving up for something completely different, but this deal comes along, you happen to have the cash and could never get it for that price...

What do you do when you are presented with this situation?

Myself, I buy what I have been saving for and try to convince myself that it wasn't that great a deal anyway.

Me, Once that samurai shows up im gonna snag it immediately...Then again im single:flipoff: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Deal of the century = Buy it up quick

Even if it is something i really dont need at the time i always think to myself "i can always sell it later if i need to and maybe even make some money doing it"...

if it is something on my wish list then I will buy it, if it is just a really really good deal and I might use it then I will pass it up.

It depends on what kinda deal you are talking about. Here are 3 of my good deals. 1 pro=rock center//one pro-rock center with tubes and 2 coilovers. Look at how much more it cost me,lol...

If it is truly that good of a deal then buy it, and sell it for a lot more and apply the profit to whatever you have been saving for. :;

Yeah, I tend to do that a lot. At the last Puyallup swap meet, I scored an ATS turbo setup for my 7.3L diesel. The guy offered it to me for $250 bucks and I just couldn't pass it up. Where is it now? Sitting in the garage collecting dust since I need to do a new pump/injectors ($400 or so)before I can put it on. It's just turned into another project that needs more of my time and money. :mad:

But...... it was a good deal!

I jump on things with reckless abandon! Although they allmost allways fall thru it seems

I just picked up 1998 chevy astro van 140,000 miles trans went out and rearend makes noise.:rolleyes: BUT who cares its got a good running 4.3L vortec MPI just dying to go in my heep all for $500 :cool: im stoked!

blackcj7 said:
I just picked up 1998 chevy astro van 140,000 miles trans went out and rearend makes noise.:rolleyes: BUT who cares its got a good running 4.3L vortec MPI just dying to go in my heep all for $500 :cool: im stoked!

Sweeeeet! And you can get like, $70 in scrap for the rest. 4.3L=$430. Nice.

TB-F said:
Sweeeeet! And you can get like, $70 in scrap for the rest. 4.3L=$430. Nice.

Thats what im talking about!:redneck: I've been looking for the right deal of a motor for myjeep and something like this just falls into my lap.

blackcj7 said:

pimpin...... The only downside to that is the milage--the astro's are absolutly the hardest on the 4.3's due to the heat retention against the motor. Just make sure to do the valve guide seals before it goes in the jeep...

You will be fine......

Wanna trade for a 2.5L? the oil pressure is between 40 to 60 psi. Even upside down. :redneck:

Now that's a deal you CAN'T refuse. :rolleyes:

Just picked up a 91 accord wagon last night for $600. no real body damage the interior is sweet minus the moss on the floor, mold on the oh shiat handles/visors and the fawking ant nests in the side panels... But after a bug bomb, ant traps and some bleach she'll be fawking cherry.. :D I already put 300 miles on it and when I hit the DOL today to license it they said lowbook on it is $1200 high is 3200... fawker is worth about $2800 to me..

WHITE TRASH said:
Just picked up a 91 accord wagon last night for $600. no real body damage the interior is sweet minus the moss on the floor, mold on the oh shiat handles/visors and the fawking ant nests in the side panels... But after a bug bomb, ant traps and some bleach she'll be fawking cherry.. :D I already put 300 miles on it and when I hit the DOL today to license it they said lowbook on it is $1200 high is 3200... fawker is worth about $2800 to me..

:rockon: Now that's a deal.

Yea Im very happy with it.. Ill have under a grand into it after tires and a stereo. This car is going to be sweet... Tinted windows, slammed etc etc... :redneck:

EDIT: the car in question :D

mvc678fmg5.jpg

Last edited:
WHITE TRASH said:
Yea Im very happy with it.. Ill have under a grand into it after tires and a stereo. This car is going to be sweet... Tinted windows, slammed etc etc... :redneck:

I bought a 91 Honda civic from a family for $200. It had a blown head gasket. I fixed it and re-ringed the pistons.

Sold it to a guy for $1800. That guy still has it and absolutely loves the car.