• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Aftermath!!!!

I have a 2005 CBR600RR, but not really a winter driving vehicle. I'm going to see how much it is to fix it first, then go from there. I have got the insurance involved with it just becuase I don't have another car to drive. I'll see how it goes.

Josh

Ben and Joe, might be bugging you with some questions.....:awesomework:
Don't forget to have them check out the steering rack...I wouldn't be surprised if it or the tie rod ends got damaged

3 day weekend :haha:...I seem to remember a lot of crap dragging out for quite a while. :D But mine took 2 weeks of working nights on it

It took a week to get the front driveline done and back. Plus 2 more trys at getting the shackles right but I was driving it on day 3. Oh ya and can't forget the rear leaf conversion which I did a few weeks after over a weekend. It was about a month of tweaking things before I actually wheeled it.:D

DD's with TSL's on it?...that just seems like a ridiculous waste of tire. I've put about 30k on mine so far and other than multiple bearing issues all has been good. But since a toy front with 1.5 spacers matches an IFS toy rear...it would still be narrower than a Taco rear. I am running a waggy44 with 1.5 spacers just to be able to keep my turning radius

this truck was low maintanance until he went to 39.5 tsl. with 38x15.5 radial tsl this thing drove awesome, the bias just shake more. the old tacos are narrower than you think. things dont get much wider than the old trucks. 05 up taco thats a different story.

Don't forget to have them check out the steering rack...I wouldn't be surprised if it or the tie rod ends got damaged

Steering rack needs replaced. Passenger side broke off. If they wont give me the money for it, I'm not sure if I will go SA, or just fix it and get some new parts......

It's not a hack job if that is what you are implying. Took a day to cut and grind, a day to hang it all correctly and a day of welding to get it rolling.:awesomework:

not implying that at all. just would like to see it. i looked for a build thread on it??

this truck was low maintanance until he went to 39.5 tsl. with 38x15.5 radial tsl this thing drove awesome, the bias just shake more. the old tacos are narrower than you think. things dont get much wider than the old trucks. 05 up taco thats a different story.
Actually there is a 2.5" difference between a yota SA w/ 1.5" spacers and a waggyD44. Coincidentally there is a 2.75" difference between a 95.5-04 taco rear and an 86-95 ifs rear.

Although you could run a yota axle with IFS hubs and 1.5" spacers and equal a taco rear...but your scrub would be pretty bad

Last edited:
ummm last time i checked a taco is drivers drop and toyota SA's are passenger. so unless toyota made a drivers drop, youll need to go with a 44.

:awesomework:
ummm last time i checked a taco is drivers drop and toyota SA's are passenger. so unless toyota made a drivers drop, youll need to go with a 44.

if you plan to dual case the truck it doesnt matter. you just get marlins taco to old toploader adapter then dual case it like normal. of you run a drivers drop front axle and want to double up, then youhave to get an adapter to go from taco 5 speed to old toploader, then an adapter to go back to taco transfer case. i think this is correct? anyways on a street mild/trail truck a dana44 is probally the best/easiest route. on a trail machine the toy axle rates over a d44 to me, so thats the direction i would go ultimately you can get toy housings built 3 inches wider with the diff on either side.

It's not a hack job if that is what you are implying. Took a day to cut and grind, a day to hang it all correctly and a day of welding to get it rolling.:awesomework:
That sounds about right, Gibby and I did his in about 16 hours. The toughest part is all of the grinding :D Of course that was was a back before his D60's

Looks like that arb bumper sis a good job keeping body damage to a minimum. I dont know if you missed it but the chop shop guy has all your parts I saw he just did a sas on an 06 taco if Im not mistaken, and I bet it would save some dough.

Latest posts