• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The bad karma buggy

Re: Mash yer motor - Csc fab buggy

I'm stoked to see how it goes for you. I have longfield cryo treated Dana 70 gears with load bolt in my 60. Haven't gotten to beat on it yet.

SBJeepn said:
I'm stoked to see how it goes for you. I have longfield cryo treated Dana 70 gears with load bolt in my 60. Haven't gotten to beat on it yet.
I have been out one time. I did break the intermediate shaft again but I climbed some hills and was beating it hard when it let loose. Come to find out when I went to the 1410 front the yoke depth is a few thousandths different and wasn't letting the shaft press all the way into the hanger bearing so it was getting slop in it. I realized this because the washer under the yoke nut had spline marks on it where it bottomed out. Actually haley williams said "would you take that junk home and figure out what's binding". I am 100% ready for hot springs and plan on not lifting on the spray. We will see.....

BUG-E J said:
I am 100% ready for hot springs and plan on not lifting on the spray. We will see.....
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, yeeeeeeeeah. I can't wait!!! See ya there :woot:

Do you think that could have been part of your problem before?

Elliott said:
Do you think that could have been part of your problem before?
No I just very recently went to the 1410. The 1350 yoke was fine on the depth but it was putting too much of a bind at the hanger and burning the bearings up. The 1410 allows for more u joint flex I just didn't think to check the height difference in the yokes. It was literally under 30 thousandths but was enough

Yeah I am trying too. So far so good. :****:

Not open yet. I still got some paperwork type stuff to do. Auto shop though.

I am 100% ready for hot springs and plan on not lifting on the spray. We will see.....

I like your thinking. :driving: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Well people from this board keep texting me wanting updates. Without getting into alot of drawn out detail and no pics my drivetrain mounting system and interior is garbage. There is no way the buggy will ever hold up the way it is. I have no solid bars tying anything together below the dash so my chassis has tweaked and flexed to the point the drivetrain is trying to remove itself. I talked with a few shops and picked some brains and all but one person has told me scrap it and buy a new chassis or sell it and buy a gayzr. Well piss on a side by side so I got 13 foot of quarter wall laying in my floor, a brand new never used notcher, 3/8 th plate on the way, and about 4 months before I wanna see another hill. Let's see what I can come up with....

BUG-E J said:
Well people from this board keep texting me wanting updates. Without getting into alot of drawn out detail and no pics my drivetrain mounting system and interior is garbage. There is no way the buggy will ever hold up the way it is. I have no solid bars tying anything together below the dash so my chassis has tweaked and flexed to the point the drivetrain is trying to remove itself. I talked with a few shops and picked some brains and all but one person has told me scrap it and buy a new chassis or sell it and buy a gayzr. Well piss on a side by side so I got 13 foot of quarter wall laying in my floor, a brand new never used notcher, 3/8 th plate on the way, and about 4 months before I wanna see another hill. Let's see what I can come up with....

whats the short story here? I wasted my time on the tipping thread today and really dont want to read through another 12 pages. cliff notes?

jeeptj99 said:
whats the short story here? I wasted my time on the tipping thread today and really dont want to read through another 12 pages. cliff notes?

There is no short story, just read it one day that you are bored. molaugh

TacomaJD said:
There is no short story, just read it one day that you are bored. molaugh

Damn it. Guess I will tomorrow. After glancing at the front page and the last few post i'm guessing BUG-EJ got screwed?