• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The bad karma buggy

Re: Mash yer motor - csc fab bouncer

Well here is where the fun begins. I get there he can tell I'm upset doesnt' say much and uses his forklift to load up a chassis with links, shocks with no springs, axles, motor, trans and tcase in it. WELL HE GETS ME TO SIGN SOME PAPER STATING I GOT ALL MY STUFF AND WE ARE THROUGH THEN HANDS ME A BILL FOR A TURNKEY BUGGY FOR ANOTHER COUPLE THOUSAND MORE THAN WHEN I TOLD HIM STOP INCLUDING 700$ WORTH OF CUSTOM STAINLESS EXHAUST AND ALL THE BOLTS. What he didn't know at the time I had the original 2k more he said I needed in my pocket. I folded the newest bill up and stuck it in my pocket with the cash and hauled all my boxes and chassis back to T-Town. Well it spent the night the first night on the trailer because it had the driveshafts in it but I couldn't find neutral and decided I would get some sleep and start fresh. Well the next evening it is discovered that somehow HE (I will use he, him, or labron even though he told me he never did any work on the buggy so none of it was his fault) managed to press the front internals of the atlas together when installing it. So before the tires ever touched my garage the atlas had to be removed and dissasembled. Well upon unboxing everything it was obvious I was gonna need more parts. I called and tried to sort through what I had and didn't and was asked when I was gonna send him some money (2 days later) and I tell him when I get this straightened out. HE TELLS ME TO TAKE IT APART AND POWDER COAT BECAUSE ITS READY. Well I found the light bars I had sent to be mounted and installed them after I welded some tabs on for them and got to looking at my bill. I have tabs and bolts on it. Well even though I supplied tabs he didn't like them and wanted to use his. Then the bolts he sent were not anything near the size or strength needed. WHEN THIS BUILD WENT PAST CHASSIS I MADE IT CLEAR I DID NOT WANT TO RUN A HANGER BEARING. It was obvious the front driveshaft would have some issues but I figured I could limit it and get by on at least 2 race hills. Well I decided to krylon it (thank god) so the first week was spent painting. I started avoiding his calls a little because it was always wanting to know why I was doing certain things and THE DRIVESHAFT BINDED BECAUSE I DIDN"T REINSTALL ATLAS PROPERLY. Well we got the buggy painted and started install. Thats when we noticed things where not as they should be. It was painfully obvious the floor and seats were never completly installed because none of it would clear or bolt up all the way together. One peice may fit but then the seat wouldn't go in. So we grinded and notched and bent untill the seats and switch panel were in. One of the drivers seat bolts wouldn't line up but o well I have a buggy again. Well my wife wants to be the first to sit in it and she can almost reach the pedals with the seat ALL THE WAY back. Uh oh I hop in and no way I can even drive it. After about 45 minutes of sledge hammer work the pedals will go down far enough for me to kinda drive. Well lets slide the seat back and see how you fit baby. A sledge hammer and pry bar will not slide the seat forward. Damn the thing is welded in crooked lets just finish it up and we can fix that later. My wife decides to install the cable shifters. SOB they just wont adjust right. Well upon further inspection the cable shifters were never installed or the person doing it would have noticed they dont clear the floor. Well I clearance that as much as possible and make do with what we have. No big deal another thing to fix later. Well we pull the shocksoff and go to install springs. find out the rear shocks hit the chassis on compression and the driveshaft hits chassis on droop (yes with limit straps). Well nothing to do about it now onto the front. Put the shocks on and damn why wont the springs go on straight. **** me the shock tabs on the chassis and on the axle are so crooked the springs wont even sit on the seats on the bottom of the coilover. Well this is about the point labron is wearing me out and I start doing research (yes I should have done it before) and I am not the only person that has had problems like this before. SO I CALL LABBRON AND MENTION A FEW CLEARANCE ISUES. I AM TOLD IT IS ALL MY FAULT THAT I AM NOT INSTALLING THE PARTS PROPLERLY. Whatever I let it be and tell him since I told him I would pay him after first race I will do the best I can. Buggy still hasnt ran but its getting to crunch time. I start looking for my belly pan and fluids I sent. Well none of that stuff came back with me and the belly wasn't on the bill so I had to start hunting material. I still needed to find the sight tube on the back of the atlas also so I called back. He told me that an atlas didn't come with one when you bought them new so that was another part to add to the list. I am getting less than two weeks out and I have no steering hoses, no fluids, and NO BOLTS.

420a8af193596fe09591fcbc5b327e5e.jpg
fbcadb4fe2085e0b9f9a3d225854807e.jpg
74a34fac7ba4b2476d94aa0bba246e5c.jpg
c1dfd9d689b123379819cdabdbbf5aac.jpg

Had a Few more a/n hoses I had to make (even though I asked to not use them) and after about 100 trips for bolts and hoses it was finally running and ready for the trailer. It ran like ****, it was 100%untested, missing bolts where it shouldn't be, shocks untuned, the first time I stepped in it I bent the trans cooler under the floor so that had to be fixed at the race, and I didnt have time to get the belly on it but it was on the trailer headed to Missouri. Well Friday night after we get there I decided lets at least hit a few hills. Second hill the driveshaft hits the link mount in the front, rips the trans mount off the bottom of the chassis (THE TRANS MOUNT BEING A SMALL PEICE OF ANGLE IRON THAT WAS TACK WELDED IN) and breaks my trans in 3 peices. Well I barrow a buggy and pull my tore up junk home. Well I take a break for about a week since I pulled 3 weeks of all nighters to finish it and start pulling trans. I AM TOLD PRIOR TO BUILD HE MAKES ALL HIS BELLIES REMOVABLE SO I SAY MAKE SURE TRANS COMES OUT THE BOTTOM I DON"T WANT TO DISSAMSEMBLE BUGGY TO REMOVE TRANS. Everything is going good untill I realize uhoh, guess what wont come out the bottom. So at this point I am fit to be tied. I go for the sawzall and hammer. Well the trans is in the floor. I get a new case get it built and file down the input of my atlas (since it didn't have a support ring it just kinda tried to look toward the sky) and decide to let Labron know at this point he wont be seeing that couple of grand over since the buggy was obviously thrown together in a few weeks, never fully assembled, and the suspension was obviously never cylcled. I go to put the trans back in and find that when they mounted the drivetrain instead of moving the mount to where it would bolt up they just drilled new holes in the mount and used smaller bolts than factory. So then when I go to bolt the adapter up the bolts used to hold it to the back of the th350 are metric. I didn't know there were any metric bolts in a th350? Well the rush race comes up and I don't have time to fix suspension but to hell with it I will put a strap from my trailer on my front axle to keep it from dropping out too far. Well after riding a little friday the starter starts making a terrible noise and cracks? WTF? So I pick one up sat mornin, put it on and am late for the drivers meeting. I climb both hills and find tranny fluid leaking on ground. Well I see where the front driveshaft is slamming into the starter on compression so A HANGER BEARING WILL HAVE TO BE USED EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS NO ROOM LEFT TO HAVE ONE INSTALLED. Well since I have cut everything for clearance and added a support ring the trans aint so bad to replace now. Well I get the hanger bearing in and shocks tuned. Notice at rbd that even with the shocks still binding and pushing my springs off the schrader valves on the shocks are getting ripped off by the chassis. I understand nothing is perfect but this buggy is yet to climb more than one hill on a ride without totally destroying something. found some cracked welds I have grided out and rewelded and have still yet to fix the seat slider and interior I don't fit into. I cant keep it together long enough and don't have the money to sell it and start over like everyone else has told me to do. The reason you don't see me on the trails anymore is because I can't ride and not destroy anything within 3 hills. Ok getting back to present day. I haven't heard from Labron in over a year. At grayrock he confronts me. He doesn't say omg let me see whats wrong (EVEN THOUGH HIS EMPLYEE SUPOSEDLY GOOFED) or say man lets try to figure something out. He walks up and says where my 4k? I ask him to walk away. He says I thought you were a man of your word and all that you were talking you will just hear from my lawyer. I say thas fine I have 3 people willing to testify against you in court saying you are a crook. I will pay you whatever the court decides but I will go public with this if you don't leave me alone. He finally walks off and I finish my weekend. Well like I said today I got the new bill and texted a few people then find this thread. I didn't want to go this route and I wam not bashing anyone I am shring my experience. Everytime I threatened to go public he would change his tone so I knda fell like he knows he goofed and doesnt care. Anyone I texted pictures of the bolts not clearing or the engine cage tabs I cut off because it wouldn't even bolt up feel free to post. Any questions I will answer to the best of my knowledge. I think I can get a pic of the trans mount posted from home tonight because I saved it just for the awesomeness. Anyone else have any experiences or anything to share feel free to post.

Jon sent me a PM before starting this thread and said was going to stick to the facts, and he has done so well. I ask everyone to think about your post before hitting submit. While on the edge of the kinder, gentler Hardline idea, as long as we are talking facts and not just piling on bashing, I'm going to let it run. Please don't turn it into a vendor/shop bash thread where I have to moderate.

I also welcome his side if he wishes to post it.

Thanks

JohnG.

JohnG said:
Jon sent me a PM before starting this thread and said was going to stick to the facts, and he has done so well. I ask everyone to think about your post before hitting submit. While on the edge of the kinder, gentler Hardline idea, as long as we are talking facts and not just piling on bashing, I'm going to let it run. Please don't turn it into a vendor/shop bash thread where I have to moderate.

I also welcome his side if he wishes to post it.

Thanks

JohnG.
Thanks Jon. I thought this was all behind me but when I received the "newest" bill this morning which I still havent seen I was gonna stick behind what I told Labron. You being such a succesfull buisness man you should understand he coulda wrote this off and just acted like neither of us existed. I tried so hard to bite my tongue but apparently this is what the situation has come too.

Jonathan and i spoke not to long after he got it back together and he sent me pictures of a lot of the problem areas he has described.
Tabs, floor boards, clearance issues, engine cage. Etc.
And i can honestly say it was everything he has stated and worse.
It was a very eye opening experience for me to say the least.
It just sucks to see someone be done this way.
And if anyone thinks he is exaggerating or blowing this out of proportion u really should talk to him and have a look for yourself

rocfun said:
Jonathan and i spoke not to long after he got it back together and he sent me pictures of a lot of the problem areas he has described.
Tabs, floor boards, clearance issues, engine cage. Etc.
And i can honestly say it was everything he has stated and worse.
It was a very eye opening experience for me to day the least

Jonathan broke that (flip) phone he had the pics on but I am pretty sure I still have them. I'm going to look for them tonight.

Dang. Little did I know when I watched the clip of you on v notch, the ordeal you went through to get to that point.

ibrokeit said:
Jonathan broke that (flip) phone he had the pics on but I am pretty sure I still have them. I'm going to look for them tonight.

Bad news. I can't find them. Patrick do you still have them?

nhl_bullitt said:
Dang. Little did I know when I watched the clip of you on v notch, the ordeal you went through to get to that point.

And its still not near "right".