• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The bad karma buggy

Re: Mash yer motor - csc fab bouncer

Nothing better than seeing a hard working guy, finally get his dream Buggy and somthing like this happen. I'm not the smartest person but the t/c mount looks like some kinda sick joke... Dammit man..

I really hate that your build turned out this way. I can corroborate the story of the guy messing things up. Labronn had to rework several things on White Trash before he could give it to me turn-key. Also the six-seater was just recently finished and he told me of the list of things that were assed up and had to be re-engineered. Once that guy was gone he spent months cleaning up the mess that was made. This was in the early stages of his first time running a company with employees and having to trust that they can do what they say. He'll tell you himself that he learned a lot about being a boss and quality control after that all happened. I would bet that yours slipped through the cracks and he didn't realize what all needed correcting. I know it wouldn't have met your race timeline but I guarantee he would have fixed everything and went above and beyond to keep his reputation clean. I know he has lost sleep over it all.

I can only share my experience. I've never been the guy to pay anyone to do anything for me, especially welding and fabrication. Anyone that knows me knows that's kind of my thing. I bought his old red buggy, his first tube chassis build, and was impressed at the quality. I called him to see about updating the style of the cage and doing some other improvements and decided I would be money ahead to start with a fresh chassis and swap my parts over. And White trash was born. I was happy enough with my white buggy that I went back to him to build Bombshell. Anyone who has climbed around that buggy or Twisted 40 can see what a piece of artwork and engineering they are.
I was happy enough with both builds that I brought White Trash back to him last year for a power train swap, rear steer install and re-powdercoat. All turned out great. If I was ever going to do another, there isn't another shop I'd hire to do it. Once he was doing all the building the quality came back.

yankster said:
I really hate that your build turned out this way. I can corroborate the story of the guy messing things up. Labronn had to rework several things on White Trash before he could give it to me turn-key. Also the six-seater was just recently finished and he told me of the list of things that were assed up and had to be re-engineered. Once that guy was gone he spent months cleaning up the mess that was made. This was in the early stages of his first time running a company with employees and having to trust that they can do what they say. He'll tell you himself that he learned a lot about being a boss and quality control after that all happened. I would bet that yours slipped through the cracks and he didn't realize what all needed correcting. I know it wouldn't have met your race timeline but I guarantee he would have fixed everything and went above and beyond to keep his reputation clean. I know he has lost sleep over it all.

I can only share my experience but I was happy enough with my white buggy that I went to him to build Bombshell. Anyone who has climbed around that buggy or Twisted 40 can see what a piece of artwork and engineering they are.
I was happy enough with both builds that I brought White Trash back to him last year for a power train swap, rear steer install and re-powdercoat. All turned out great. And once he was doing all the building the quality came back.

How long does it really take to walk around the buggies in your shop everyday? 5 minutes? Either he didn't care to take the time or he was hoping subpar work would be accepted by the customer without anything being said :dunno:

muddinmetal said:
How long does it really take to walk around the buggies in your shop everyday? 5 minutes? Either he didn't care to take the time or he was hoping subpar work would be accepted by the customer without anything being said :dunno:
Like I said, hard lesson learned. Quality is what he cares about most. He would never knowingly put out sub-par work. He's said himself that a man's reputation is all he's got at the end of the day.

muddinmetal said:
yankster said:
Like I said, hard lesson learned. Quality is what he cares about most. He would never knowingly put out sub-par work. He's said himself that a man's reputation is all he's got at the end of the day.
I totally and whole heartedlee agree. Thats why the last time I spoke with him on the phone a year ago I told him I agreed that all this may be things he had no idea about. He said he saw the buggy on the lift and was told nothing hit. I believe that. Thats why I told him lets just drop it and go our seperate ways because I do not trust you at this point to make my buggy "right" without going totally over budget again. I told him since picking it up I had already spent double what he had said I owed just to get it moving under its own power it was no where as completed as he had made it out to be even if his employees said it was. I agreed to not go public because he has a buisness to run and a family to support. I have not heard a peep in over a year and assumed it was over. I was gonna let it go and say lesson learned. He approached me again thats why this is still not a bash thread.

Re: Re: Mash yer motor - csc fab bouncer

yankster said:

I can only share my experience. I've never been the guy to pay anyone to do anything for me, especially welding and fabrication. Anyone that knows me knows that's kind of my thing. I bought his old red buggy, his first tube chassis build, and was impressed at the quality. I called him to see about updating the style of the cage and doing some other improvements and decided I would be money ahead to start with a fresh chassis and swap my parts over. And White trash was born. I was happy enough with my white buggy that I went back to him to build Bombshell. Anyone who has climbed around that buggy or Twisted 40 can see what a piece of artwork and engineering they are.
I was happy enough with both builds that I brought White Trash back to him last year for a power train swap, rear steer install and re-powdercoat. All turned out great. If I was ever going to do another, there isn't another shop I'd hire to do it. Once he was doing all the building the quality came back.
Jon and I both have made statement to each other that those 2 buggies do very well. This is one of the reasons he was happy to do buisness with Labronn. I can't complain one bit on the looks of our buggy ... it looks amazing! We've said all along "it looks good though!" We did receive an email from Labronn after one if the races that stated he had heard that we weren't satisfied with the buggy and he would be willing to fix it for the price of any needed parts. After all we had already been through with this buggy and all the things we found that weren't right , we agreed there was no way we would ever take it back to him.
His red buggy wasn't pretty at all but it worked. It just wasn't a buggy we felt that he needed to race with due to tubing strength ect. I was so excited that he was getting a new buggy. From the time he tried backing it off the trailer to put it in the garage for the first time until this day it has been one thing after another. There's stuff we haven't been able to fix for fixing the other stuff as Jon stated. I'm happy that with the help of some really good people we are on the up side of things. There were a few times that I really thought Jon was going to quit racing/riding altogether because of the agrivation and stress of it all.

I had a couple issues with rated x and labron took care of me everytime even rebuilt my motor wen an oiling mistake was made due to the turbo system. I yanked the rear subframe outta it during a bounty hill I called him up told him in the future what I thought would work better, he sent me all the gussets and whatever else I needed to get it back goin. I did all the work but if you can't work on one you dnt need to own one. I just picked up my first jimmy smith buggy and completely cut it apart cause it dosent work but I can't blame anybody there and wont. My experience with labron has been good he fixed everything that need to be addressed and I know he offers to do the same for you. Hope all works out

ratedX said:
I had a couple issues with rated x and labron took care of me everytime even rebuilt my motor wen an oiling mistake was made due to the turbo system. I yanked the rear subframe outta it during a bounty hill I called him up told him in the future what I thought would work better, he sent me all the gussets and whatever else I needed to get it back goin. I did all the work but if you can't work on one you dnt need to own one. I just picked up my first jimmy smith buggy and completely cut it apart cause it dosent work but I can't blame anybody there and wont. My experience with labron has been good he fixed everything that need to be addressed and I know he offers to do the same for you. Hope all works out
I openly admitted he offered to fix it. At around 2k due and the quality of work performed I declined and told him hey man why not just drop this and I won't tell anyone it needed to go back and have the belly cut out and the interior COMPLETELY redon. (This being before I found out both driveshafts hit everything they could reach). I tried to let him make it right by letting bygons be bygons instead of getting his hands back on my buggy. I felt like I had been lied too even though Labron claimed to have no knowledge of any of it. If it left his shop he should have knowledge of it. Since you are bringing up other shops low quality work why did you not go back to Labron for your newest one?

BUG-E J said:
I openly admitted he offered to fix it. At around 2k due and the quality of work performed I declined and told him hey man why not just drop this and I won't tell anyone it needed to go back and have the belly cut out and the interior COMPLETELY redon. (This being before I found out both driveshafts hit everything they could reach). I tried to let him make it right by letting bygons be bygons instead of getting his hands back on my buggy. I felt like I had been lied too even though Labron claimed to have no knowledge of any of it. If it left his shop he should have knowledge of it. Since you are bringing up other shops low quality work why did you not go back to Labron for your newest one?

I loved the way rated x looked. Except for the bird poo pasted it between every tube joint that was supposed to be passed off as "weld".

Love the lines, but dem welds doe.

DSC_0005-XL.jpg

I bought a complete rig wanted to get away from rockwells and I loved the way it looked to just bigger and heavier than I realized I wanted for racing and I will agree I wish the welds would have been a little cleaner

ratedX said:
I bought a complete rig wanted to get away from rockwells and I loved the way it looked to just bigger and heavier than I realized I wanted for racing and I will agree I wish the welds would have been a little cleaner
Thats kinda funny because when I questioned the amount of hours (maybe my ol lady will post total labor hours in my roller) I was told by Labron ....hell man I got 4 hours worth of grinding invested in your chassis. Everybody always bashes me about my welding so I did alot of grinding on yours......

So much for my corners cut budget build.

Why would one need to grind welds down it it is welded correctly?
Plus if your grinding weld out of a joint the strength of the weld would be comprimised.... correct me if im wrong

Re: Re: Mash yer motor - csc fab bouncer

BUG-E J said:
Thats kinda funny because when I questioned the amount of hours (maybe my ol lady will post total labor hours in my roller) I was told by Labron ....hell man I got 4 hours worth of grinding invested in your chassis. Everybody always bashes me about my welding so I did alot of grinding on yours......

So much for my corners cut budget build.
814f0a8b3df75051724ef00d7a001ecd.jpg