• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The banning of joc

Oneslowjeep

I have followed the forum over a long period of time and never felt the need to join. I feel I need to share my point of view. I have seen ALOT of yal use racial words and not one time has John G banned anyone else for it. Does John G just turn a blind eye bc he personally knows the ones that get away with it? It appears that others got away with more than joc did. John stated this is not a racist site. I'm calling bullchit. There is an Afro smiley that is being used clearly as the n word. John also stated that using the n word in context is ok. No it's not. As joc clearly used it as an example to show him it still comes off racist. So did joc get banned for calling u out John? That looks like the REAL reason he got banned. I can't see the race baiting your talking about. I agree that this site doesn't need to pop up in Google when someone searches the n word. It actually is a good site to come read the tech section and learn new things. Seems there is some fence straddling going on from my stance in the pasture. If any one got race baited it was joc. The use of the n word took place several times before he posted and yet he got banned. I also found it hilarious when I registered I had to agree not to post adult content yet there is a few "35%" topics. I'm not judging but is this not violating the user agreement? Maybe another case of the blind eye syndrome. It could be a generic agreement and the rules of the board may allow it but either way I got a good laugh at what all I had to agree to become a member.

Since Im the new guy I'll do a formal intro in the newbie part later. I also realize yal will tear me apart over this topic so have at it. You guys are good at it and I have had more laughs reading this site than any other even though it was at the cost of some bodies name. Ex 747 and the recent dynamite topic.

I'm not looking to cause trouble. Just pointing out what it looks like from the outside.

One last thing,

Merry Christmas Hardline.

Nice guess but think yal just wish this is joc. He can use his own name if his ban is lifted. This isn't him. I'm not here to defend him or myself. Just a new guy stating some opinions from the outside world.

Basically John runs this site mostly by himself and try's to keep it within certain guidelines. If you don't like the rules go somewhere else! From what I read the reason joc got a 10 day time out is because he had been warned before? If you want to post serious discussion threads atleast add your name to your signature so your not just a screen name to hide behind! Fwiw

I have observed that over the time I've spent following the site. The man owns the site and can do as he pleases. I don't care to become a post whore so when I have better discussion material I will contribute but til then just some food for the soul. I did see he mentioned joc had been warned before. Just curious has anyone been warned about the recent event?

I posted my name in the newbie section but here it is again til I figure the profile out

Roger Wilbanks

I don't know if others have been warned or not? I'm selective on what I type so as far as memory serves I've never posted anything to get in trouble for! Welcome to Hardline!

What happened to freedom of speech? Sounds like to me that Joc might have hit a lil close to home with some Nigerian Lingo...oh well Joc is a great guy... and by far is not the most racist nor racial slang user on this board....people need to thicken up and not where their feelings on their sleeves....live hard, have fun and **** yee if ya dont.

It was because Joc had been previously warned and told he would be banned if it happened again. The two of us even talked about it face to face at HPO. I still have the post he was warned about, he was way over the line. I felt, if I did not steer it quickly, it would really go south fast. Did he do more than others, probably not. Do I play favorites, probably so.

Want to go sit with Joc :flipoff1:

JohnG said:
It was because Joc had been previously warned and told he would be banned if it happened again. The two of us even talked about it face to face at HPO. I still have the post he was warned about, he was way over the line. I felt, if I did not steer it quickly, it would really go south fast. Did he do more than others, probably not. Do I play favorites, probably so.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but if JohnG told him he would have to ban him if he started dropping the n word again, then he had to ban him even if he didn't want to. A man has to keep his word

Dwalk said:
What happened to freedom of speech?
You can say whatever you want, on your forum where you pay the bills.

Of course I'm so oblivious to middle school drama, I didn't notice anything happened until some tard felt the need to create an account to start a thread about it.

Bottom line, is sometimes the boat must be steered. I try to sit back and let it run where the board members want. Last time I steered it hard was the banning of gun for sale ads. This was right after some huge gun issues in our country, and the prices were going crazy. There started being people sign up just to offer guns for sale. I banned the sale here. After it calmed down, I allowed them again. But, I felt that a correction was needed it the time.

I felt it again now. If you want to discuss my feelings regarding race and what is going on currently in this country. Talk to me around any camp fire.

Am I right all the time, no. Do I do what I think is right, yes.

If you don't like the way I steer this board, which I do so to benefit the board and this sport/hobby, then go find you another sandbox to play in.

JohnG said:

Enough said. Period. :dblthumb:

Everyone knows that you never question the sensei... I like ole joc, it's only 10 days...I must tell Ya tho, Heck of a first topic.. Ha. If you stay around you'll realize that Mr John is Cool is a fan and down to earth to be a pimp Like he is. I recently had my "hand slapped" (forgot who said that ;) ) for gettin all techy in random pics.. It hurt, a lot, I pouted, threw some metal round my garage, cussed a few times.. Then it hit me and said to myself.. "Self, your a moron, hes not.. And he's the captain of the ship". I could only imagine what a cluster it would be if I ran it.. Moral of the story.. I don't know really, but Joc will be back soon, and I'm sure he's doing good. And is Prob flattered this thread came about.