The results of yesterday at hawk pride in
8b9ad04d75ba39c889161f3314ea0740.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: The Jew buggy

coldbeer said:
The results of yesterday at hawk pride in
8b9ad04d75ba39c889161f3314ea0740.jpg

The nice thing about the kicks are you can put a full bell skid under then easy front front to rear lowers.

84mallcrawl said:
my vote goes for skid plates and watch craigslist for some UTV tires and rock out
I wanna see a Tracker on those 29 SX stickies.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: The Jew buggy

onepieceatatime said:
I wanna see a Tracker on those 29 SX stickies.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
X2. I ran 30" SXs on mine, basically stock height. They were nice but wished for more height.

A 33x9.5" SX sticky would be sweet.

coldbeer said:
5f74b574427a68728dc432b81fdbc4f2.jpg

The path to the front differential has begun , rust , rust, and a little more rust.

Re: The Jew buggy

Trying to get to the front differential,
0605df1b98b1264eb24d3bded0989edc.jpg
defce834e743514292b71af5de16ffbd.jpg
16eac144db63e289998721add236cb19.jpg
c92694839aa38ef88c0db947872cff8f.jpg

Front differential is out, now to get it welded
ea50486bd15454e0404d18febc396a9c.jpg

Your buggy is awesome.

This is my wheeler.

I'm open in the front on 31" TSL, Ive had to change that Aluminum Housing once, cracked right along the bottom. Since you have yours out it would be a good time to find a Vitara (Steel) front housing if you can find one. Ive been looking for two years.

sirlance said:
Your buggy is awesome.

This is my wheeler.

I'm open in the front on 31" TSL, Ive had to change that Aluminum Housing once, cracked right along the bottom. Since you have yours out it would be a good time to find a Vitara (Steel) front housing if you can find one. Ive been looking for two years.

That's pretty cool.

I work with coldbeer and we talk about this little buggy every day.

He's debating back and forth with putting a samurai front axle in it in the near future or building a set of Yota's I have laying around....

My vote is the Sammy front to keep the wheels he has for now and use some stock Sammy springs.

He needs some case gears BAD ! Maybe then it'd be a little more crawl friendly. But I'm willing to bet it starts popping cv's then

Better do this mod, I broke my front diff the first time out with slick 205 street tires.
09b24b1ba1b50dc868696786bcaae45e.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

rednecklights said:
That's pretty cool.

I work with coldbeer and we talk about this little buggy every day.

He's debating back and forth with putting a samurai front axle in it in the near future or building a set of Yota's I have laying around....

My vote is the Sammy front to keep the wheels he has for now and use some stock Sammy springs.

He needs some case gears BAD ! Maybe then it'd be a little more crawl friendly. But I'm willing to bet it starts popping cv's then
Problem with sami axle is you need 3" wheel spacers on each side to match width. What axle gears does he have now? A widetrack d30 might be an option. Leaving the front open would make it live longer too.

Have a buddy that ran ran Sami axles on slick 33" tires and wheeled nothing like ya'll do at the parks, mainly trail rides. During that two years he had an axle related problem almost every time he took it out. Switched to Yota axles and went to 36" TSL SX all stock and hasn't had a problem in a year of steady trips. He cant keep up with us stockers anymore but can out crawl us when it gets rough. I am trying to decide how to build a rig that will Crawl but still be able to Baja out the ridge if I want to. The front end design is the limiting factor. I keep reading Mike Hagons stuff, thinking about going that route.

This is his first offroad experience so we are breaking him in ....

The Independant front will get him a few rides I hope before it starts giving up the ghost. *i hope*

Then the step up to a Sammy front axle will be the quickest and cheapest upgrade since he can use much of what he has now and I have some extras laying around .... by that time those 34's will be ruined and it'll be time for a real upgrade. I'm hoping he'll go strait to tons and stickies :****:

Like I said most of what we bs about is bench racing so if anyone has ideas post up ! He's open to most anything (swings both ways)

He's hooked on riding now and this is one heck of a learning experience