• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The kush-j7 build by 417chevy

X2
Agreed, I built a buggy as simple as I could because I was not as knowledgable as I needed at the start to build a full on rockbouncer. Now that it's complete I can always upgrade.
When I did a one ton swap and spring over on my previous jeep, I did that because I understood what it would take to finish the project. Knowing full well that a spring over jeep was not the ultimate trail rig. But that's what I was comfortable with at that time.
Scale everything back a little, for now you may not want to tackle the 5 tons ( although I would love to see that)
Good luck. Keep us updated.

rednecklights said:
I get the feeling you have someone on your family dad/uncle etc that was into hotrods at some point. You seem dead set on this big block. I love horsepower as much as the next guy but do you have the budget to build a crawler that's going to hold up with his idea you have ?

How much do those 5ton rocks weigh ? Do you think 2 airshocks will be able to do their job with that much weight hanging from them ? Do you plan on running tires big enough to justify the boat anchors huge as axles ?

I think you have a cool idea in your head of what you want but a decent set up leaf sprung Sammy/toyota on 33's or 35's will go much better than what your going to try and do.

Get a plan together
Do a little research
Set a budget (plan on doubling this number)
Set milestones / completion dates
Pick a rug that works and copy it if you need to .....

Don't spend any more money on items your probably not going to use until you have a good game plan.

Ask a lot of questions and be open to honest answers

Listen

There are a ton of people on here that are knowledgeable and wouldn't mind helping someone.

/kind rant over
It's true I grew up around drag cars horse power is the **** but drag racen isn't my thing like I had thought before I have a plan and I'm goin to stick to it I'm not goin to have any deadlines though I don't want to rush myself my ol' lady told me I need to make a list of what I need and round about prices to see what I would need to come up with in the end I stopped when it $6000 I said **** it I'm not thinking about the money I'm doin this I finally got a rig I want to build and am excited not something I got for free so I'm willing to put the money and time in this rig and as a result I should have good tough capable rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6K will not even pay for the axles to hold big horsepower. :eek:
Much less the rest of the project. :****:
Be realistic about it. :dblthumb:

FlatlandFSJ said:
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Tech.....anyone know the weight of a 5 ton'r compared to the axletech 4ks that some guys are running now?

stock Rockwell 5 ton =1220 lbs
stock axletech 4000 9 ton = 1400lbs

bjeep said:
6K will not even pay for the axles to hold big horsepower. :eek:
Much less the rest of the project. :****:
Be realistic about it. :dblthumb:
I didn't say the list stopped at 6 I said I stopped listing at 6 and I don't think I'll 6k in 5ton rocks to hold my setup

Everything you have already done to mount your rear axle has to be cut off to the bare rails now. This is going to be interesting and this thing will be 12' tall by the time it's done. :****:. But I know nothing about anything build what you want and have fun doing it.

Half you guys need to chill out. Ole 417 knows what he is doing this go around. He isn't building a bouncer. What he has is fine! Sure, air shocks with 5 tons wouldn't work well under a bouncer, but they will work just fine under a trail jeep!

Ignore the hate, brother, and keep rocking on.

ibrokeit said:
Half you guys need to chill out. Ole 417 knows what he is doing this go around. He isn't building a bouncer. What he has is fine! Sure, air shocks with 5 tons wouldn't work well under a bouncer, but they will work just fine under a trail jeep!

Ignore the hate, brother, and keep rocking on.
Thanks and I'm probably gona use the same links might change the uppers not sure just yet I have 1.25 heims so those will be fine I'm thinkin I'll just get limiting straps and cut me an inch short of my air shocks so I will never have any of that big axle hangin on the shocks
To clarify I am not building a bouncer I'm gona run the rockwells stock I don't think I'll have any problems if it's that big of a problem with the big block I can always throw the 383 in there and still have plenty of power

al1tonyota said:
you think it will take 6k for 5tons to hold up? Really???

No not with 5 ton axles it will not take 6k.
But it is his. I think it will be fun to watch it.

417chevy said:
Thanks and I'm probably gona use the same links might change the uppers not sure just yet I have 1.25 heims so those will be fine I'm thinkin I'll just get limiting straps and cut me an inch short of my air shocks so I will never have any of that big axle hangin on the shocks
To clarify I am not building a bouncer I'm gona run the rockwells stock I don't think I'll have any problems if it's that big of a problem with the big block I can always throw the 383 in there and still have plenty of power

I was going to ask if you had a (.) button on your Iphone but now I see that you do since you typed 1.25 heims.