• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The kush-j7 build by 417chevy

I'm goin to try out some stock cherokee coils and see how that sit plus with drive train it will bring me down quite a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would get it to around 23"-24" belly. If you look at that blue jeep that yank posted the picture of, that's where it sat at

Mine sits at around a 24" belly on 40's and it's a pain to climb in and out for a fat guy like me, I'd have to get a ladder for 38". I know it will have a lot of weight down low with the rocks, but I think it will still feel really bad on any side hills

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I know I'm doin my best to get it lower goin to start doing some little **** tomorow gona rip the dash out get ready build new dash put some reinforcement on the rear section of the frame get another center cut out and ready for the last two wheels clean up the front axle might start on the cage a little this week as well and get some different springs so hopefully by next weekend this thing will be that much closer to being finished

417chevy said:
I know I'm doin my best to get it lower goin to start doing some little **** tomorow gona rip the dash out get ready build new dash put some reinforcement on the rear section of the frame get another center cut out and ready for the last two wheels clean up the front axle might start on the cage a little this week as well and get some different coils so hopefully by next weekend this thing will be that much closer to being finished

Yea once I got the dash and **** out it was amazing how much room I had. He'll keep it up. I wouldnt give a dam if the belly was 50" as long as I was abLe to ride. I'd work on springs and **** when not riding. But I'm impatient as hell. Movin a lot faster than I would have guessed. Earlier I Was Thinkin that a build thread like this was some motivation to keep on it when building something. ( Random as hell I know..).

Cut some of the curls off of the coils. That's how this one was. Think they was jeep xj coils cut down.

Yeah but I have full size ford front lift coils in the back right now so they are stiff as hell

Got my belly height down to 30"
dfe68e5531ac28b4a5fd31705f7d61d7.jpg

7b816260522ab4a9ee6e899e9d0b24ac.jpg

30" is good to go. Get the drivetrain mounted and it'll be fine.

I'd suggest putting limit staraps/chains on the suspension, it'll keep your shocks and springs from breaking from the weight of rockwels swinging off them.

TBItoy said:
30" is good to go. Get the drivetrain mounted and it'll be fine.

I'd suggest putting limit staraps/chains on the suspension, it'll keep your shocks and springs from breaking from the weight of rockwels swinging off them.
Definatley goin to put some limit chains on there just try to get some ideas of where I want them

Do you think I should put them on the front as well or will that be fine? I feel it would be fine but just asking ahead of time

Depends if your going to have shocks on the front. You don't want those stopping your axle from dropping.

Latest posts