• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"The mistress"

I see why you call this rig "The Mistress", tons of time and work going into it. Great work you are doing!!!

Lots of time,but I think its worth it.I want a rig thats looks cool and performs eavan better.

killer build .... itll be fun in the trails

Ya it will be a far cry from what ive ever wheeled,quite the upgrade.:awesomework:

Thanks guys,appreciate the good words.Remember always open for suggestions and concerns,thats why im here.:beer::beer:

All that work on custom hand built mounts, tabs and brackets and you toss a fawking generic TG diff guard on it? :flipoff:

Dont forget the fawking ,generic,pos tg axle truss :fawkdancesmiley:

A guy cant build everything Bud....

Beleieve it or not I do want to wheel this thing,its a time saver.:awesomework:

I could do the ifs stuff on front to widen it,or I could build my own wheel spacer but im going to buy some t.g. spacers for the project...to save time.:redneck:

Last edited:
I think I gave away my last set but I bet I can find another set...

Dont worry about it Ryan,Ill use the spacers.I appreciate the offer though.I have no issues with the spacers and I can buy them cheap!!

Im sure you and i know ive got better things to spend our time on.A task I need to do soon is upgrade my carrier studs befor I get to far along on the rest of the stuff on the diffs.

I got some more stuff done last night on the rear end.I want to beef up the rear housing also.So I started going off on it :redneck:

uhmmm speed holes.
flasher003.jpg

tacked in...

flasher004.jpg

And some pieces to box in the upper link mounts.Got the 2 back side ones built and tacked in,ill make 2 more to put on the front side.

flasher005.jpg

zukbuild020.jpg

:beer::beer:

man, this things gonna take flight an float away with all this weight ur takin off it...:haha::fawkdancesmiley:

just kiddin, very nice build!

Thanks man,ya know before I did what im about to show ya guys.The front housing with all its tabs and brackets and b.s allover it.The extra weight only added up to 20lbs more than stock.The speedholes really help the weight thing.Bottom line this is a good place for extra weight anyway,unsprung/low.

This is a desert runner type rig so thats why im going off on these housings.I plan on getting air under the tires and do some high speed stuff with it.Nothing to radical,but it needs to hold up to some abuse.

So now Im pretty much done with the front housing other than a couple steering stops and some more welding practice.:redneck:

I wanted to brace it on the front also so when im hitting whoop de doos theres some extra support keeping it from bending toward the chassis.So I did this last night:awesomework:

2" box .120 wall
zukibild062.jpg

zukibild056.jpg

These pieces where a nightmare to build all kinds of radius's and differnat plains to deal with.3 hours later I had nice tight fits and pure sexy:cool:
zukibild060.jpg

zukibild057.jpg

I need to stop working on this rig and clean the shop,**** I can hardly walk around in there anymore ive got so much **** scattered everywhere.:eeek:

hopefully have a rollin chassis this weekend:redneck:

Last edited:
I said to hell with shop cleaning lol thats no fun, so I went right to the rear housing.:redneck:

Got all 4 of my upper link supports speedholed and put on.

zukibild063.jpg

So after that I installed my carrier with the bar bushings in it,and put the bar in the rear housing to check alighnment....this ones tweeked also:mad:but I think I can get it straite after what I learned on the super tweeked front housing.

So I built some axle supports for the top and installed the t.g. diff armor on the back of this housing(like the front)so it was begging for the full length truss on it like the front got....so why not,I think the extra strength is needed for what I intend to do to this rig( wheel hard)

zukibild065.jpg

zukibild066.jpg

Ill back up a lil now and show ya the solid steering stops I built for the front housing.

zukbuild024.jpg

And the backside stops.

zukbuild023.jpg

zukbuild022.jpg

:awesomework:these wont be bending:beer:

One of these months Ill be ready to put this on the frame.
zukibild067.jpg

progress

Been a long summer and I finally got my axles done.Other than the front diff.But the rear is complete with chromo axles new seals and bearing through out,disc conversion.Just need to build the caliper mounts and coilover mounts.

The front.
t-casebucket610.jpg

t-casebucket620.jpg

The rearend.

t-casebucket611.jpg

t-casebucket612.jpg

Super stoked and super bummed all at once,cause i saw this when I went to install the front diff.:booo:

t-casebucket619.jpg

Oh well more work and more money:rolleyes:

Not so cool eh?

Oh well I think its cool.:haha:

Been working on the trans and t case mounts now.heres what Ive got done so far.

The driverside trans mount is up higher so the exhaust can come through there and up and over the t case mount over the susp. crossmember.
t-casebucket623.jpg

Here I took a 1 1/2x .120 tube and milled down a flat on it so I could weld a 1/4" piece of strap with 2 3/8" bolts welded to the back side to catch the klunev mount.I left enough room in there to later put a piece of rubber under that mount.

t-casebucket622.jpg

All of these mounts exept for that one higher trans mount is mount to the 2"x2"x1/4" wall square stock.This square stock will be the bottom of the frame,thats where it meets the suspension crossmember for a flat belly skid to come.Nice heavy wall so I can drill and tap it for mounting the skid.
t-casebucket624.jpg

I left the end of the square stock open cause im going to slide a piece of 1 1/2x.120 wall tubing in there and hack the back of the frame off and my new frame/body will start from there.This lowers my top frame heighth there so my propane tank can sit a lil lower right behind my seat.:awesomework:
t-casebucket625.jpg

t-casebucket626.jpg

The skid will be somthing like this 1/2" thick uhmw I want a piece to come forward to protect the engines oil pan also.
skid.jpg

whatcha think? good or bad all comments and suggestions are welcome.:redneck:

Last edited:
I pulled those mounts out and did some bracing and welded them up.

I ran out of that 3/8" material so I had to improvise.I ran a piece of 1/4" and used what 3/8" stuff I had left over to do some bracing.Im happy with it should be overkilled.:redneck:

t-casebucket630.jpg

The bottom
t-casebucket631.jpg

Alil 3/16" brace for that radious.

t-casebucket629.jpg

It was nice out yesterday so I took a few pics outside,to see how they would turn out.
t-casebucket627.jpg

t-casebucket632.jpg

more to come.....

The front axle upper link mount looks weak.
That ginormous hole in the sides has no benefit and substantial detriment. I think it will fail. And IF it does fail, your axle will twist, destroying a driveshaft, coilovers, steering and a whole bunch of other expensive stuff, so reinforce that succa.

But then again, I don't know what I'm talking about 'cause I's retarded

I was thinkin I would duct tape those windows and pack that piece full of fiberglass resin.That would make it stronger,maybe im the retarded one now.

:stirpot:

Point takin on the upper link mount guys.Ive got a plan on making that stronger.I need to weld the assist mount on the housing later.So Ill be repainting the housing anyway.

I do appreciate the insite,advice.

I was able to make a 1 piece driveline work in this rig,this is a good thing less complicated and stronger.

What I did was hack the ear off the bellhousing and the starter so now it doesnt have that ear in the way wich gives me the clearnace I needed.Ill build a mount to off the backside of the starter to help support it.The starter still has 2 bolts mounting it to the bellhousing.

Heres some pics at full stuff.

t-casebucket660.jpg

the draglink
t-casebucket661.jpg

t-casebucket662.jpg

I clearnaced out that trans mount.
t-casebucket664.jpg

Stock toy front driveline minus 2"s set up in there.
t-casebucket666.jpg

Latest posts