• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"The mistress"

progress

I rebuilt my entire propane system...what the hell.

zukbuild422.jpg

zukbuild439.jpg

zukbuild445.jpg

zukbuild447.jpg

Modifeid the rad,the bottom outlet was hitting the drag link.
zukbuild452.jpg

got the hole cutout of the fan shroud,and mounted up the elc fan
zukbuild450.jpg

zukbuild451.jpg

first test fit with the fan attached

shes tight
zukbuild454.jpg

upper hose is not going to work..back to the drawing board...:mad:
zukbuild456.jpg

test fitting the coolant res.
zukbuild457.jpg

got some work done on the dash.
zukbuild458.jpg

zukbuild459.jpg

slowly but surely ill be wheelin soon.:beer:

update time!!

Gots lots done on the zuk now.

Built a seperate switch panel for my arb
zukbuild462.jpg

holes drilled and polished
zukbuild463.jpg

bought some gauges
zukbuild467.jpg

finished all the welding of the seat bars and cleaned up and painted the floor.
zukbuild473.jpg

pulled the dash and painted the bars on it,also rigged up an ammo box for my glove box.
zukbuild474.jpg

hack wack chopped the back section of the body so my pane tank can just slide out the side(easier than removing it from the back)
zukbuild476.jpg

Finally figured out an air cleaner set up for the zuk,4" 9"long aem filter:cool: that should be plenty of air for my 4 banger hehe.
zukbuild465.jpg

zukbuild466.jpg

theres more......

Bought me a hydraulic ball valve to use as a rear dig brake and a line lock for short parking needs.
zukbuild471.jpg

then built a cool lil billet holder for it.
zukbuild472.jpg

Got most of the heater lines plumbed and installed the msd super conductore ign. wires.
zukbuild478.jpg

zukbuild479.jpg

next I finished up the dash.Spent most of the day yesterday building a glove box lid.
zukbuild480.jpg

installed and open
zukbuild485.jpg

this is what she looks like all finished up
zukbuild483.jpg

zukbuild484.jpg

zukbuild477.jpg

got started on the camers systems monitor mount.
zukbuild486.jpg

zukbuild487.jpg

update complete :fawkdancesmiley:

Zuk

Looking good Mike! I think you may actually have the zuk done before my Bronco hits the trail again.

Looks like your going to be wheelin pretty soon! Where are you putting the cameras? Rock cams would be cool..:awesomework:

nice work

Looking good Mike! I think you may actually have the zuk done before my Bronco hits the trail again.

Looks like your going to be wheelin pretty soon! Where are you putting the cameras? Rock cams would be cool..:awesomework:

Thanks guys!:beer:

Thats the plan Pete.Its nothing real fancy or high quality,one of those soccer mom backup camers deals.But ya the plan is to mount the camera so it displays the inside of the font tires on the monitor,to help me hit those lines a lil better...well see how well it works.

If I cant start getting productive instead spending so much time on al the lil details I wont be wheelin till snow flys:mad:really fighting the urge to just start throwing **** together...I destroyed my sj410 a month ago so I got no back up wheeler now and its driving me crazy,knowing I dont have anything to wheel right now lol

hay thats alpan in the white jee jeeeee jeee **** i cant say it .that dash is pritty bitchen makes me want to git some vision x lights and come up behind you and blind you with my reflection. nice work mike.now quit makein little tab thingys and git it done.i want to go wheelin. as soon as i fix my junk.( that worked just fine before i tore it ap:flipoff:art)

hay thats alpan in the white jee jeeeee jeee **** i cant say it .that dash is pritty bitchen makes me want to git some vision x lights and come up behind you and blind you with my reflection. nice work mike.now quit makein little tab thingys and git it done.i want to go wheelin. as soon as i fix my junk.( that worked just fine before i tore it ap:flipoff:art)

lol I noticed that,I went holy shat thats allpan!! I saw him and his boy this last winter,came by the store to say hey.

Understood man...I just call them Heeps lol

Ill be sure to wear my old man flip sunglasses:fawkdancesmiley:

soon brother ....soon:mad:

well Orangecrush I cant stop doing all this tedious stuff...its just to much fun :fawkdancesmiley:

The coolant res. was a piece of cake it came with holes already threaded in to the side of it.Just needed to make a tab for it.I also had to machine about a 1/4" off the cap for hood clearance.
zukbuild496.jpg

I get a kick out of learning this maching stuff,so every chance I get I try to come up with a way to use the machines for building mounts and stuff hehe

I had this chunk left over from the glove box lid so I decided i would build a ps res. with it.
the raw piece
zukbuild492.jpg

many hours later and a giant pile o chips I got this.
zukbuild491.jpg

using the bandsaw to cut the pinching slit in the one end and to wack off the cap end on they other.I had already drilled an counter bored the 2 ends before I cut this all up.
ends have been cut
zukbuild493.jpg

tapped me some threads
zukbuild494.jpg

and here she is,pretty cool.Very adjustable.
zukbuild497.jpg

zukbuild498.jpg

:cool:

imo i used to have that same ps res and i always had issues with the cap leaking. when i do it again i will be sure to get the screw on cap

Also about the PS res, talking to everyone (PSC, Howe, POS) about my issues they all say that the suction and return ports should be right next to eachother. If I were you, I would cut that AN-6 return bung off and fill the hold then drill a new port on the lower edge near the bottom lip and weld in a AN-8 bung. Then all your return lines can be 1/2" which allows for better flow back to the res. This is what I learned.. just passing on some tech.

As far as I can see this is a flawless build... I love seeing updates. I am always learning from this thread. Thank you. :awesomework:

Thats great tech.Im really glad you said somthing because I ws looking at that last night starting to figure out what lines go where.I noticed the I.d. of the return line on the toy box is quite a bit bigger thasn the I.D. on the -6 return for the res. I was concidering boring it out and just hose clamping 1/2" return line to the res.

It probably would be best to just put a bigger i.d. fitting on the res though.The problem I cant weld alluminum.I have to go find peeps that can.

Thanks.:beer:

Also about the PS res, talking to everyone (PSC, Howe, POS) about my issues they all say that the suction and return ports should be right next to eachother. If I were you, I would cut that AN-6 return bung off and fill the hold then drill a new port on the lower edge near the bottom lip and weld in a AN-8 bung. Then all your return lines can be 1/2" which allows for better flow back to the res. This is what I learned.. just passing on some tech.

As far as I can see this is a flawless build... I love seeing updates. I am always learning from this thread. Thank you. :awesomework:

flawless it is not,but im trying to do up things strong and nice.This is my first full on build,its been quite the learning experiance.I appreciate the comment though...thankyou.

Made a throttle cable bracket and got the throttle cable all installed.

zukibild156.jpg

zukibild158.jpg

zukibild157.jpg

finished up the rear brakes

zukibild159.jpg

zukibild160.jpg

zukibild161.jpg

zukibild162.jpg

zukibild163.jpg

more....

Last edited:
Got a B&M super cooler to use as ap/s cooler

zukibild167.jpg

zukibild166.jpg

assist lines are done ,just need to make some retainers for the lines.

zukibild173.jpg

zukibild174.jpg

Got the header wrapped and bought some spark plug boot protectors.Looks nice.

zukibild168.jpg

zukibild172.jpg

Got a start on building a rear driveline
zukibild181.jpg

zukibild182.jpg

Parts MIke dana 300 to toy conversion flange.Nice stuff!!

zukibild180.jpg

Thats all I could get done yesterday...getting close...maybe time to start a list of things to do:awesomework:

Thats great tech.Im really glad you said somthing because I ws looking at that last night starting to figure out what lines go where.I noticed the I.d. of the return line on the toy box is quite a bit bigger thasn the I.D. on the -6 return for the res. I was concidering boring it out and just hose clamping 1/2" return line to the res.

It probably would be best to just put a bigger i.d. fitting on the res though.The problem I cant weld alluminum.I have to go find peeps that can.

Thanks.:beer:

I have the same res and had a buddy tig in a AN-8 bung where I described. If you want PM me and I could help you out with the welding. Weld bungs are about $5 at the auto part store. :awesomework: