• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"The mistress"

Damn you!

I'm standing in my shed thinking my front end is looking pretty good, then you go and post some cool little additions AND Bling!! My rig is always gonna look like hell if you keep this up.

But as always, it is lookin good. :awesomework:

Now quit makin me look bad:flipoff:

question about your turn signals?

zukbuild666.jpg

are these turn signal only? is there a running light along with the turn? is it a bulb that goes into a regular bulb socket?

link to where you bought them maybe?

i cant find a turn signal/running light indicator, 2" amber LED....

zukbuild666.jpg

are these turn signal only? is there a running light along with the turn? is it a bulb that goes into a regular bulb socket?

link to where you bought them maybe?

i cant find a turn signal/running light indicator, 2" amber LED....

My front amber led are off a motorcycle...they are a runnin light and a turn light.

These rear (red ) led's are runnin lights,turn/brake.

I work at a parts store so I just buy them off the shelf here.

Information: the led amber bulb you are looking for would be a Part # 1157 led a .Auto loc and it will fit the socket im useing for my rear led's that socket is a part# 5455pt.pico. Should be able to find them at any decent parts store.

Good luck on finishing up your build...Ive learned so much fallowing your build and some of the others here...very inspiring to say the least:awesomework:

This thing is friggin' sweet, so sweet it's gettin' my rusty gears upstairs thinkin' about a revamp :stirpot:....Reaaaallllly likin' the lil details....:cool:

Thanks man! lol I get a real kick out of the lil things...Like the notch in rear turn buckets...been real easy to just weld them on,but that extra 20 minutes I spent on making that groove on the sides is well worth it to me.

I'm standing in my shed thinking my front end is looking pretty good, then you go and post some cool little additions AND Bling!! My rig is always gonna look like hell if you keep this up.

But as always, it is lookin good. :awesomework:

Now quit makin me look bad:flipoff:

You aint done with that rig yet...wth lol j/k bud...**** takes alot of time dont it.:fawkdancesmiley:

:redneck:

Im still in aw of the finish on those wheels WOW! there purty!...cant wait to scratch them up lol

Nothing yet man:looser: I want em on there bad!! lol but I hurt my back doing the beadlocks and loading them up..pathetic I am.Damn back is just old and worn...sucks to get old lol

But I did suck it up and did some disassembly on the rear panels and painted up the back of the cage finally.I put the rear brakes back together also...another day or 2 and I may feel up to lifting them big ass tires again hehe.

update

Heres proof I didnt just sally out and just nurse my back hehe

zukbuild675.jpg

zukbuild676.jpg

I went ahead and spent a lil time and painted the rear tabs the satin black(the same color the out side of the panels will be) so maybe the tabs will kinda blend in better.
zukbuild679.jpg

This alluminum panel under the batt. mount is trapped,cant remove it.So I thought it would look best natural so I spent the time on it also and taped it all off before i sprayed the Hammerite black on the bars.
zukbuild678.jpg

couldnt resist rolling a wheel/tire up to it and snapping a pic for ya guys:awesomework:

zukbuild677.jpg

Thanks for the stars on the build NWW's im flattered y all are liking the build that much! appreciate it! virtual beers:beer::beer::beer:

PS ya know it just came to me...im an idiot! I didnt build any provisions for a tow strap on the back wtf was I thinking lol...ill see about coming up with somthing back there...hmmm:mad:

Last edited:
Question for you,

I love the build btw.

But.... why zero triangulation in the cage? It seems like a bad ass rig that could do some bad ass lines on some bad ass trails... why not the added protection?

I swar up and down I would never roll my buggy.. never not ever would I take a chance on screwing up all the time and money I had into it... 3rd trip out she was not a verg any more. :redneck:

You may have shed light on this before but I am lazy and dont feel like looking though 40 pages.

I think I see that you have some roof bars in kinda a V pattern... and the 2 side bars but what about an X behind the seats? and a ^ in the windshield?

All these are just questions... not bashing.

I think I see that you have some roof bars in kinda a V pattern... and the 2 side bars but what about an X behind the seats? and a ^ in the windshield?

All these are just questions... not bashing.

Well I dont think the "B" hoops are going anywhere they are tied in pretty good,could maybe bend a lil in a bad wreck but they aint going to colapse.

The "A" hoop yes absolutly I need a bar in there,Ive got the V from the B hoops going out to the corners of the A hoop figured this would keep the corners of the A hoop from bending in.I havnt done the vertical bar on the middle of the windshield yet cause I havnt installed glass in the windshield frame just yet...gots to get that done.Ive been debating on a glass window or a lexan window...thats why I havnt done that yet.

Well I dont think the "B" hoops are going anywhere they are tied in pretty good,could maybe bend a lil in a bad wreck but they aint going to colapse.

The "A" hoop yes absolutly I need a bar in there,Ive got the V from the B hoops going out to the corners of the A hoop figured this would keep the corners of the A hoop from bending in.I havnt done the vertical bar on the middle of the windshield yet cause I havnt installed glass in the windshield frame just yet...gots to get that done.Ive been debating on a glass window or a lexan window...thats why I havnt done that yet.

Ok cool... just thought I would ask:awesomework: Thanks.

Thats a sweet chassis!

Ya know im self taught and ive never done a rig with this much fab work before.I really was pretty nieve and overwelmed when I started this project,and the thought of building my own chassis scared the **** out of me lol

KNowing what I Ive learned throught this project...I with out a boubt would eather build my own chassis or better yet buy one of those Hendricks units and work off that...save a guy alot of time,etc,etc.

Live,build and learn right? hehe

updates

Painted up the rear panels and re installed them.Still dont have the wheels mounted up yet...soon.

These pics suck! but all i got MY CAMERA IS POS and I think the lense was a lil dirty...

zukbuild691.jpg

zukbuild692.jpg

zukbuild693.jpg

zukbuild694.jpg

zukbuild695.jpg

zukbuild696.jpg

The front bumper wasnt quite in ther right it just didnt look right to me so i hacked it out of there rebuilt it also...im happy with it now.It was sitting in ther just a lil low on the pass side...**** was driving me crazy lol had to fix it.

zukbuild697-1.jpg

:beer:

Got the front bumper finished up,mounted the winch control box,finished my brakes and installed the wheel spacers and got me a roller again with the new meats:cool:

These ar Trail gear attachment points...there alil big for my front end,dont look right so i trimmed them down some.

zukibild227.jpg

beveled out and ready for welding
zukibild228.jpg

winch control box
zukibild234.jpg

bumper is done,this bar offers some protection for the bottom of the rad and a few other things,plus I like the look:awesomework:

zukibild236.jpg

zukibild235.jpg

had to push the zuk outside to turn it around...tried to beat the dark...almost

zukibild233.jpg

zukibild230.jpg

Looking forward to a long week end this week...should be real close to wiring this thing after 4 days off!:cheer: