• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Punisher Chassis Begins!

I still have to order a programmable computer for the fuel injection, two more coilovers and the sheet metal for the skins. Unfortunately I've been so busy working lately I have not been able to touch my own project. Hopefully, I will at least have it running and driving in the next few weeks.:D

you get this thing runnin yet? have you decided what stand alone computer you are runnin? you should get ahold of barry if you need any assistance, he has a pretty bad FI ford that he built everything for. he might be able to give you a hand. :awesomework::awesomework:

Its not actually running, but I've turned the motor over a few times. I went with dynamic efi's computer and am currently trying to flash the correct program into the ecm. I also got my coilovers for the rear and got my steering system completed. Its so close to being done I can taste it, I'm hoping for a test drive this weekend or some time next week. Ill post some pics tommarow. :D

I finally got it running but not with efi, I put the carb back on it temporarily because there were too many wiring issues to deal with while working out the bugs with the chassis. I will get the efi going over the winter. It freaking screams now that it weight 2000 lbs less than the old rig. I do however have heat issues. I think the heat can be solved with a bigger radiator and a fan shroud. All in all I'm thrilled with how its turned out, now I just need to put springs on the shocks and a new radiator and wheel it!!!:D

Attachments

• buggy pics 8-14-10 008.jpg
    buggy pics 8-14-10 008.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 317
  • buggy pics 8-14-10 009.jpg
    buggy pics 8-14-10 009.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 319
  • buggy pics 8-14-10 003.jpg
    buggy pics 8-14-10 003.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 317
when i put the rad. in the back of my buggy it gets turned around from when it was in the front and had to cross the coolant lines running to the back as they were in the front, i tried to reverse them and no worky, it was sucking from the top outlet and going in at the bottom, and then i would have to pull the t-stat to get the air pocket out of the block. not sure if this is how you did it but just my experience with radiators in the back. both my rigs i have the rad. in the back.

Saw you out at Tahuya yesterday. I was in the silver TJ on 40's, waved at yah a few times. I saw you rumble all over the place but never saw you actually hit anything. How did it work?

It went pretty good for a shake down run. Had some overheating issues thanks to a faulty electric fan relay. Rediscovered why carbs suck so much for actual trail riding:mad:, I have to get my efi working and I really need to add a rear sway bar. All in all it was a great time, met lots of good people out havin a great time. Kinda slacked on the pics but here are a couple.:beer:

Attachments

• tahuya 016.jpg
    tahuya 016.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 204
  • tahuya 009.jpg
    tahuya 009.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 215
  • tahuya 014.jpg
    tahuya 014.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 214
  • tahuya 043.jpg
    tahuya 043.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 214
I was joking with a couple guys over the weekend, saying I could have painted this thing in camo colors and it would still stick out like a sore thumb.:redneck:

sick sick sick.....sick...cough sneeze,sick dude i want skider tires and rockwells.ill trade everything truck traler runner buggy

looking good man! whats your final width tire to tire? Let me know if you want some help with that fuel injection:awesomework: