• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Punisher Chassis Begins!

mjp1080

So I finally decided to play with the big boys and build a buggy. Sadly I had to deliver the big truck to the scrapper before I started on my new endevor, but it was a good learning experience and welding project. So here we go......

I designed my own chassis on bend tech pro, and built a new bender that is just begging to be used. The plan is to build a custom chassis out of 1 3/4 x .120 wall tubing, 2.5 ton Rockwell axles, double beadlocks, 44in tires, 500HP 383 stroker motor, 700R4 trans mated to a 205 twin sticked, single triangulated four link with FOA 18in coilovers. I'll try to keep this updated, here are a few pics to start. :redneck:

Last edited:
What is that machine in the background? Looks like a chainlink fence builder or something.

What is that machine in the background? Looks like a chainlink fence builder or something.

That is a door machine. it can prehang an interior door start to finish in about 90 seconds. We rebuild, refit and customise these for many different door shops across North America.

I really like the bender, the drawings were very complete and the finished product is plenty sturdy for anything I am going to bend.

Huh...I knew exactly what those machines were when I saw them.

My Grandfather owned a door and cabinet shop in Yakima for many, many years. They had 4 or 5 of those style machines. They would cut, spray, and assemble the doors and casings.

Pretty cool to see them again.

So I finally decided to play with the big boys and build a buggy. Sadly I had to deliver the big truck to the scrapper before I started on my new endevor, but it was a good learning experience and welding project. So here we go......

I designed my own chassis on bend tech pro, and built a new bender that is just begging to be used. The plan is to build a custom chassis out of 1 3/4 x .120 wall tubing, 2.5 ton Rockwell axles, double beadlocks, 44in tires, 500HP 383 stroker motor, 700R4 trans mated to a 205 twin sticked, single triangulated four link with FOA 18in coilovers. I'll try to keep this updated, here are a few pics to start. :redneck:

looks good marshall cant wwait to see it done

I've been pretty busy working on this thing over the last few days, and its finally starting to look like something. A couple of friends came over last night and we worked on this thing til 5 AM! We got 90 percent of the structure tacked together. I still have a ton of finish welding to do, and a bunch of cross bars and straight pieces to cut and install but you guys can see the basic idea of what it will look like anyway.:D

Last edited:
Today we got the rear section of the chassis all closed in and most of the structure welded. Plus I moved the upper spreader a up little and added the necesary supports for it. Still have about fourty feet of straight tubes and gussets to install, hopefully will get the motor trans and tcase mocked up this week.

Last edited: