• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The rebuild of a rebuild

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QEKT2mk_Q[/YT]
I see a resemblence:redneck:

Nice truck, one of my favorite yota's:awesomework: Keep up the good work, an get this one done an START ON UR TRUGGY AGAIN!!!:cheer:

Got it together enough for some hot laps around the neighborhood. Drives much better with these springs on it. Got to finish wiring the winch and a couple other small things before I drag it out to Evans Creek this weekend

yeah053.jpg

yeah054-1.jpg

No :fawkdancesmiley:

Anyone got a 14 bolt u-bolt style yoke laying around? My strap style decided it hated me today.

yeah057.jpg

yeah058.jpg

yeah061.jpg

Go get the ubolt straps instead of the flat straps. Much stronger.

:EDIT: :haha::haha:I guess I should read instead of just looking at pics.:haha:

Does it matter if it's pretty ****ed up? It took a big chunk out of it and exposed part of the bolt. If you need a good one I could pull one out of another 14 bolt laying around

If you have other 14 bolts then why do you need another yoke? I dont care what shpae yours is in, just want a yoke to put back on this axle.

No :fawkdancesmiley:

Anyone got a 14 bolt u-bolt style yoke laying around? My strap style decided it hated me today.

yeah057.jpg

yeah058.jpg

yeah061.jpg
Judgeing by the extreme wear on the cross, it's not the strap that failed----JMHO:; I bet if the ujoint didn't fail, you'd still be together just fine...

Judgeing by the extreme wear on the cross, it's not the strap that failed----JMHO:; I bet if the ujoint didn't fail, you'd still be together just fine...

Yeah I can't believe it wasn't making any noise before it let go. It looks like the one side wore through the cap and had been digging into the yoke for quite some time. That would explain the funny vibration though:redneck:

Took an old strap style yoke and "machined":redneck: it with a grinder, belt sander, and drill press to accept a u-bolt. Threw in a spare u-joint I had and it's better than new

Latest posts