• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The right foot worthy 14 bolt

xjpaddler said:
Im not sure exactly how Tim Or heman fab done those, But I intend to bore the seal all the way through. then machine the axle tube( or a bigger piece of tube like Tims) to accept the rockwell seal like it if it were stock.

Rock knuckles are suspost o be filled with grease, with out a seal at the knuckle it would never stay lubed. and stock rockwell joints are not sealed.
Good point, Heath.

If you're running a u-joint type shaft, you would only need grease for the trunion bearings, correct? If that's the case, the knuckle wouldn't need to be packed with grease, so could you do with just an inner seal to keep the diff fluid in the diff?

jordan7118 said:
Good point, Heath.

If you're running a u-joint type shaft, you would only need grease for the trunion bearings, correct? If that's the case, the knuckle wouldn't need to be packed with grease, so could you do with just an inner seal to keep the diff fluid in the diff?

Well said... That's my point just couldn't get it into words right lol I'm gettin ready to start machining some inner bells... Already cut em off and trying to figure out best way to do it... I already have the revolution inner seals so I'm thinkin just bore thru and slide bell onto axle tube and check alignment with my tru bar I made and start tacking it together once caster is set...

Humpy said:
I agree I woukd like to do the same thing... From his pics it looks like he bored thru and said hell with the seal... And from what I can tell when running ouverson joints there is no need to fill the knuckle with grease cause they are a sealed joint... Is this true?

Three bucks spent with MSC for orings and now the stock rock joints r sealed and u no longer have to run the boots on the knuckles. No need for the boots. Also ditch the heavy gear oil and run either cheap ass 0w20 motor oil or power steering fluid n the thirds and u can free up a bunch of lost horse power. Have ran them like that for years and it doesn't hurt a thing. Without running them down the interstate we never. Hold enough heat in them to hurt em