• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The right foot worthy 14 bolt

onetoncrawler said:
Fact! Rock rods 2 wouldn't exist if it wasn't for this type of driving. For some.... It's no longer about making an obstacle or not, it's about the show and style points ... That's all good for those that can afford to fix their stuff after every ride ;-)
Its appropriate to advertise that kind of wheeling in one of those offroad parks. Not out on State land. Never seen one or been to one. They don't exist here. You go out on state land and video tape and go viral and the wrong people will **** you! I watch what I post.

I have watched you drive on several videos. The rear steer looks like it definitely helps. You work it real well. My question is have you ever thought about competing? Like pro modified?

Kodiak Dodge said:
Awesome axle. Someone needs to just build Rockwell outers or salvage them. I was showing a buddy here in Alaska the axle build yesterday.

Red River Parts in TX salvages them. They keep the corners pre-cut off the housings in stock. I just bought 4 corners about a month ago from them.

J. J.

onetoncrawler said:
Fact! Rock rods 2 wouldn't exist if it wasn't for this type of driving. For some.... It's no longer about making an obstacle or not, it's about the show and style points ... That's all good for those that can afford to fix their stuff after every ride ;-)
so are you an official nut swinget for Mr Cameron :tc

patooyee said:
Red River Parts in TX salvages them. They keep the corners pre-cut off the housings in stock. I just bought 4 corners about a month ago from them.

J. J.

JJ what all did you get??? just inner, or inner and outers, I got to make a trip out there in the next week.

Basically everything but the chunks, housings, and shafts. Cut the inner knuckles off of 2 steering rocks, I got everything from the cut out. They had them in stock that way. They didn't need to make any cuts just for me either. I asked them how many they sell like that and he said, "You aren't the only one who builds hybrid axles." :)

J. J.

locnrol said:
I have watched you drive on several videos. The rear steer looks like it definitely helps. You work it real well. My question is have you ever thought about competing? Like pro modified?
yea I'd try it out.. know anyone who wants a driver?

patooyee said:
Basically everything but the chunks, housings, and shafts. Cut the inner knuckles off of 2 steering rocks, I got everything from the cut out. They had them in stock that way. They didn't need to make any cuts just for me either. I asked them how many they sell like that and he said, "You aren't the only one who builds hybrid axles." :)

J. J.

They cut up a lot of the housings they get in with the older non-ujoint style shafts from what I understand.

I travel right by there every 6 weeks or so, they sure do have a bunch of Rock stuff. I'm always tempted to buy a set of steering axles but... too many projects.

onetoncrawler said:
I will have to watch from the CHEAP seats.

I don't know anyone. You should try it out if you get a chance. You just might like the competition part. Sure looks like it would be a blast.

patooyee said:

J. J.
i called them last year when i started gomer pyles 80 they told me that it would be close to the same price just to buy the whole axle guess things have changed in a year

traveler said:
i called them last year when i started gomer pyles 80 they told me that it would be close to the same price just to buy the whole axle guess things have changed in a year

I could have got the shafts, chunk, and the rest of the housing for $250 more per axle but I don't need them, don't have the space for them, don't want to store them, and didn't want to mess with trying to sell them. I probably could have made the $250 up just on the shafts but no one buys chunks and the housing would have been junk when I was done with it. Plus, I already have a full set of spare shafts and chunk sitting around wasting space.

J. J.

I know I'm kinda reviving this but when u had the bells machined to slide on the axle tube did u retain the factory inner seal there at the bell? Or just bore it thru? I know u said u sealed it with the revolution seals so does that make it not need the outter seal? Anyone else have an opinion?

It seems that one seal should be enough to keep the oil in the diff. With the Rocks being a closed knuckle, there should be no concerns with keeping stuff out, either.

Just my thoughts.

traveler said:

I bought some 9.00-20 NDT tires for my dad's dump truck last time I was down there (about a month ago), and asked about the same thing. Got the same story, apparently they didn't really want to cut the outers off, they are definintely a "low labor" company.

steering rocks, $750 though. Pretty good price I reckon.

Humpy said:
I know I'm kinda reviving this but when u had the bells machined to slide on the axle tube did u retain the factory inner seal there at the bell? Or just bore it thru? I know u said u sealed it with the revolution seals so does that make it not need the outter seal? Anyone else have an opinion?

Im not sure exactly how Tim Or heman fab done those, But I intend to bore the seal all the way through. then machine the axle tube( or a bigger piece of tube like Tims) to accept the rockwell seal like it if it were stock.

Rock knuckles are suspost o be filled with grease, with out a seal at the knuckle it would never stay lubed. and stock rockwell joints are not sealed.

xjpaddler said:
Im not sure exactly how Tim Or heman fab done those, But I intend to bore the seal all the way through. then machine the axle tube( or a bigger piece of tube like Tims) to accept the rockwell seal like it if it were stock.

Rock knuckles are suspost o be filled with grease, with out a seal at the knuckle it would never stay lubed. and stock rockwell joints are not sealed.

I agree I woukd like to do the same thing... From his pics it looks like he bored thru and said hell with the seal... And from what I can tell when running ouverson joints there is no need to fill the knuckle with grease cause they are a sealed joint... Is this true?