• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The snawsage version---- something

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Well robin dropped his rig off a couple days ago

robin1.jpg

As it sits there is just a bunch of odds and ends that need to be finished on the rig....

So for the next week I am going to just poke along on this and that--not really digging into a single aspect of the rig....

So once I went thru the boxes of stuff robin had---I wanted to tackle the rear winch. He had 2 of them and was unsure of which one worked. Well I inspected both-and found one just liked to puff smoke out the motor and the other one just sounded kinda funny...

So I made a mess with them both :redneck:

robin2.jpg

Here was the brushes out of the one that likes to make smoke signals :haha:

robin3.jpg

So after some inspection/tinkering---I came out with a good working unit...

robin4.jpg

Robin had also pointed out a problem with the front winch--it made a funny rachet noise when it was in the free spool. So I ripped the side cover and inspected it. Well I figured out the release handle had too much play and was able to move up and down casuing the rachet noise...

So I used my fancy milling machine and made a washer that was ---just right..

robin5.jpg

This made the release handle nice and snug--and feels really good going from free spool to lock....

Picked up some bolts and figured I would toss this lil fella in..

robin6.jpg

Due to how the chassis is an the back wall--I found it hard to figure out where I wanted the integrated relay assembly. Plus with anything for this rig--its gotta be mounted as to not fall/rip off due to how hard robin uses it..

But I found a good location and a place that will protect it from the elements---drilled and tapped the tubing and mounted it up

robin7.jpg

What the hell as I going to do with this------I am thinking LARGE zip ties :fawkdancesmiley:

robin8.jpg

I actually was able to start a mount setup for it....

I'm not sure who's more thankful for this those that want to wheel with Robin and see him happy again or Robin himself... :D

Robin himself. Therapy will commence labor day weekend at the cheese? What a madhouse its gonna be..I cant wait.

You got that right, the guys a damn thief I tell ya. Right on robin I cant wait to see that thing on its lid.:flipoff: :D

Learning rear steer will have me on my lid more than ever.

good thing I have a new system for fuild containment when it decides to play dead