• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The snawsage version---- something

Ok--here is something for you to think about robin for a while

robin46.jpg

So here is what I am thinking

1. start(push button
  2. rear winch
  3. front winch
  4. ignition(engine and any subsystems that work off ignition)
  5. trans cooler
  6. ps coolers
  7. engine fan
I went and got 2 switchs for the winchs and you have 4 of those blinging safety switchs--and one push button.....

1.push for starter

2.ignition

3. radiatior fan

4. P/S coolers

5. Trans cooler

6. rear winch

7. front winch

8. front lights?

9. rear lights?

and all of them with enough extra wire to move them around if I feel the need.

Last edited:
1.push for starter

2.ignition

3. radiatior fan

4. P/S coolers

5. Trans cooler

6. rear winch

7. front winch

and all of them with enough extra wire to move them around if I feel the need.

Just remember--you will be playing with your winchs more than you fan switchs/reaching for them won't be any fun :redneck:

Everything should be ok to move except the push button--its a much larger hole for mounting...

Just remember--you will be playing with your winchs more than you fan switchs/reaching for them won't be any fun :redneck:

Everything should be ok to move except the push button--its a much larger hole for mounting...

You are once more correct.....put them where you think they need to be.

Ok---lil update..

I finally got all the holes drilled/filed and cleaned--and got all the switch's mounted....

robin47.jpg

Ok so I am trying to make the pod as easily removable(as far as the wiring goes) as I can make it--since I am pretty sure something will go boom to the point the pod will need removed....

This is where I get very picky on how and what I do....

Robin had a lil fuse panel mounted on the firewall---I didn't like it and I don't know the product so I tossed that--instead I went and did this--you can see a portion of the fuses poking thru the pod

robin48.jpg

And here is how it mounts--I also welded a strip to mount the relays--so everything will be contained within the pod...

robin49.jpg

way too nice for robin..you might want too make him another one so he can put it next to his computer and make vroom vroom noise's

That no so little pod is going to be pack full by the time we get all the vent hose and ball valves in. I also need a holster fitted to the exterior of the drivers side for my little friend.

Ok here is the front/rear harness--its totaly seperable from the pod. I thought it was going to be very tough to get in/out while disconnecting stuff. But if you do it with the hood off--you can see right down into it and access the connectors/battery cables..

robin50.jpg

Here is the wiring in the pod. As you can see its self contained with all the switched power circuts/fused circuits are in one spot.... Its also dummy proof on the connectors :awesomework:

robin51.jpg

robin52.jpg

Then it was time to start wiring under dash. There were only 2 items that needed to be on the dash side of the firewall--the controler for the propane and the lean/rich module. After some looking/figuring--I went and found a good spot on the drivers side--that when in the drivers seat you can actually see the leds on the rich/lean module. There was also room right under that for the propane module.

robin53.jpg

So I was able to get the dash side of the rig fully wired and here you can see the dash side of the pod connectors..

robin54.jpg

Looks good Crash. Are you pulling the puddle? If so thats why the welds are funky and you get that black crap all over the place....

You have run Aluminium MIG before right mike?

I have tried both methods--just haven't found my nack yet. Its so far and few between when I use the setup--I don't get much practice time...