• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Tow Rig

From Jackson, MS to Houston, Tx first. Then Wednesday from Houston to Clayton, Ok. Then over to Hot Springs, AR friday night and back to Jackson on Sunday.

bigsilly said:
Got a text message from David that said "This was not a good idea" laughing1

Talked to him and he said he was averaging about 40mph. Said when he would get on a hill it would drop down to about 20-25mph. He said the trailer was pretty much pushing him where it wanted too.

Damn that sucks, I would go crazy going that slow. I bet he is getting alot of looks.

Man this is not the craziest thing that I have came across. I have people wanting to put goosenecks in Tacomas, and Dakotas all the time. I even had a dealership ask me if I would put a brake controller on a Honda CRV!!!!!!! "To pull a backhoe or something like that." is what the salesman told me. Although I would not do it, kudos to you for wanting to go wheeling that bad! I have been the guy with the trailer passing him wiht it still hooked to the ball before because of not enough tounge weight. :eek:

Oh yeah, on a side note. If you are hauling a trailer in the state of alabama make sure you have the adequate equipment while towing. I have been having lots of people come by the store lately saying that they got pulled over by a state trooper and they checked the vehicles tow rating, the ball mount rating, the ball rating, the trailer rating, and making sure that all of the electric stuff is working on the trailer. I had a farmer come by pissed off because of this. He got a ticket, had to come buy a 12k rated ball mount and ball (new 2 1/2" hitch on new trucks) just to be legal. He could then get the ticket wiped from his record just had to show proof that he fixed it. The trailer mfg that we buy trailers from (Caliber Trailers) told me the other day that if you have a tandem axle trailer on the interstate it has to have at least one axle with brakes and properly functioning. They are starting to crack down so be sure to check your stuff.

molaugh molaugh molaugh

I'll give it up. I was just jacking with y'all. It was kind of boring around here so I figured I would give you something to talk about. Even I am not stupid enough to pull a stunt like that. Close, but not quite. :flipoff1: :woody: :flipoff1:

Like I have said there are some people crazy enough to try it. One guy with a dodge dakota told me he had a 3/4 ton dakota. I told him there was no such animal and he got pissed. "It has six lug wheels and a V8!" is what he told me. I told him I would not put anything on his truck that had to do anything with towing. He left the store and another customer said, "What an idiot! People like him is what gets other people hurt or killed."

DavidsCJ7 said:
molaugh molaugh molaugh

I'll give it up. I was just jacking with y'all. It was kind of boring around here so I figured I would give you something to talk about. Even I am not stupid enough to pull a stunt like that. Close, but not quite. :flipoff1: :woody: :flipoff1:

I figured you were messin with us...my wife's grandad had one of those back when we were datin...I borrowed it to haul a garden tiller once and it all but put it on the bump stops

still pretty funny though ;D

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Damn, now I guess I'll have to cancel the office pole. How many miles before he dies. I had you down for 738. :flipoff1:

Sorry to mess up your side income John. I havent been 738 miles yet, so there is still hope. laughing1

Brian and I built me a custom trailer a few years back to haul my big jeep on. We set it up to pull our pop up camper also BUT not with a truck like that or I guess you call that a truck molaugh molaugh I could run about 90mph and all was good. How did things turn out with this deal, bet it was a slow ride. Cool thing is that you did it any way thumb.gif I know Carl had fun with all you guys.

DavidsCJ7 said:
molaugh molaugh molaugh

Man I honestly believed you were gonna do it. I have seen worse around here.

Latest posts