• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Think this will make it to funny rocks?

SUPAFLY

Me and a group of supermotos are hitting the 70 road from Greenwater and heading to Whistlin Jacks. From there we'll go up Milk Creek road and attempt to make it to Funny/Moon rocks. I'm just a little worried about getting up the 4 fingers hill with street tires. Its gonna be hot as ****!!! Should be a fun ride if anyone is interested in tagging along.

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

i dont know dude im a pretty seasoned rider and i probly wouldnt even attempt it on such a nice bike that fine powder might as well be snow with that tire just saying. Id love to watch you try it though ill be up their in the morning. Im in a black chopped xj with the sharkeys pub flag on the antenna lol.

The washout on the corner where peanut and I rolled last year is about 5-6' deep and straight down. There is a line to the high side you can ride down with no issue, or of course you can drop straight off the top at speed. :D ALL of the washouts have gotten rather large since last year with all the snow run off so watch yourself.

You will make it. Of course you can go down 410 to past squaw rock and make a left onto rock creek road and take it to the top. From there up bald mountain to the top of the ridge into the rocks.

I would take the woodpecker -which paralells the hill climbs. The uphills are not constant like the hill climbs are.

I just pulled offf a set of Avon Motosport tires from my WR.

The ass end slid out from unter me twice in one day up Milk Creek. Those tire suck for any thing other then tghe road.

Good Luck and if you do try to do the hill climbs, Hold on and have fun......

Any oe want to buy a pair of Avon tires
I do not know the tire size, but can look if any one is interested.

You will make it. Of course you can go down 410 to past squaw rock and make a left onto rock creek road and take it to the top. From there up bald mountain to the top of the ridge into the rocks.

I would take the woodpecker -which paralells the hill climbs. The uphills are not constant like the hill climbs are.
X2 I would go this way.

you are going to hurt yourself with those tires off pavement

Best of luck to you.

If your going Milk creek then first choice would be the woodpecker trail around the hill. If you use the hill then the far left and the far right are the only legal routes the others are all userbuilt bypasses that are not open. A better route might be the 1710 or going up rock creek to the 1720 the to the 530 up bald mountain. This will take you to both funnyrocks and moon rocks and might be a easier (safer) route

you are going to hurt yourself with those tires off pavement

Best of luck to you.

I've ridden it offroad several times with these tires. No, its not ideal for singletrack, but its pretty surprising how well it does once you get used to all the sliding. Rode Evans Creek a few weeks ago in the mud/snow. Yeah, I wiped out hard, but I was being a jackass and hit a patch of snow. The entire bike is painted with the same bedliner that my jeep is, so its easy as hell to touch it up and make it look new again. Lets see a sport bike or harley do that!:stirpot:

HELL YEAH!!!! :011::011:If it were me I'd lower the tire pressure ,a fair amount,once I got to the dirt.....