• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

...This Project needs a name build..

Very cool rig, looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see the progress.

Thanks for the look. It is defiantly a fun project. My first "real" build, its a learn as you go type thing for me. Figure it will get more interesting when i get around to putting it back together.

I did pull the diff tonight. Going to Kyles tomorrow to finish taking apart the rear axle. Then Monday I will take both to the indoor pressure washer on post to get the 30+ years of crap off all the parts.

551528_468948853171243_1900753645_n.jpg

Has ANYONE come up with a name yet? :haha:
How 'bout... "Frijid40" , being yer in Alaska and all! :redneck:

Since I'm on crutches I'm the official thread updater today. FTW :flipoff:

Chris shot a coat of primer on the rear axle. Has the third ready to go.

20130217_175451_zps5e10a3bb.jpg

Has ANYONE come up with a name yet? :haha:
How 'bout... "Frijid40" , being yer in Alaska and all! :redneck:

..and we have a wiener :bananallama::bananallama::bananallama::bananallama: ...or is that winner.

Either way today was somewhat productive as the pictures show. Next major hurdles include the rear shackle hangers and bumper completion. Then do my first dear and locker install into the diffs. Figure once that is done I can get the axle shafts back in rebuild the knuckles and bolt on the tires. At that point I can tack on the Ford shock mounts and flip the rear upper shock mount ( I did a spring flip on the rear, which moves the axle back about 3 to 4 inches ) and figure out how it all is going to work. After that the fun begins..... :beer: and if this sounds like a lot of rambling, well I am tired and just feel like I need to keep rambling on about nothing really and continue to waste your time but you cant look away cause you might penis miss something. :fawkdancesmiley:

...and thanks to the crip (Kyle) for taking pictures and updating the thread as I trudged along.

Last edited:
Ordered new rear axle seals, and disk brake brackets for the rear as well. Rebuild kit and some other goodies for the front axles. The steering gear box mount is on the way as well. Things are warming up around here and its time to come out of hibernation and get busy. I want to drive it to the Arctic Circle this summer.
popcorn.gif

You will find out, its only 90 miles North of us.

I rode a Suzuki Bandit 500 through the Fox mountains the first summer I was in AK on Wainwright.Got to the last twenty miles to the circle and it was gravel.We turned around:looser:
I was kinda pissed at myself for not going all the way.

It was awesome anyway.
unhijack,rig looks awesome.