• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

...This Project needs a name build..

Stop hijacking my lame ass build golly ge wilikers

Gotta be like 1400 HP and 1900 FP of torque
pics523427.jpg

now its ghey'd up.... you're welcome....

and wtf kinda ghey **** is golly ge wilkers :rb:

FJ = Fake Jeep

*just remember that pimp :flipoff:

"F" is the engine type and yes, "J" does stand for jeep...until "Jeep" became a brand and then sued Toyota. Now I can't drive 10 feet here in Alaska without some ass hat giving me the thumbs up....suckas be swinging on my :swing:

"F" is the engine type and yes, "J" does stand for jeep...until "Jeep" became a brand and then sued Toyota. Now I can't drive 10 feet here in Alaska without some ass hat giving me the thumbs up....suckas be swinging on my :swing:

you need to put down the pipe.... or a histroy lesson :looser:

Last edited:
all that article proves is that the FJ40 is a Fake Jeep... wanna be jeep... however you wanna word it

The first Willys MB Jeeps were produced in 1941 with the first civilian models in 1945, making it the oldest off-road vehicle and sport utility vehicle (SUV)

try again pimp

...and we continue to hijack my thread. Never said the Toyota FJ series was the first. Just said the "J" in FJ meant Jeep. :awesomework:

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing your Land Cruiser builds! :awesomework:

I can't believe I had not noticed this thread before! :wtf:

Yeah, for a Land Cruiser (such as a FJ40) the first letter (B, F, H, etc.) refers to the engine family, while the "J" is the Toyota designation for a 4wd platform. This system was started in the early 1950s . . . . the automotive industry has changed a little bit since then.

Regards,

Alan

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing your Land Cruiser builds! :awesomework:

I can't believe I had not noticed this thread before! :wtf:

Yeah, for a Land Cruiser (such as a FJ40) the first letter (B, F, H, etc.) refers to the engine family, while the "J" is the Toyota designation for a 4wd platform. This system was started in the early 1950s . . . . the automotive industry has changed a little bit since then.

Regards,

Alan

Thanks Alan, it has taken longer than I would have liked to get this far, but I think I see light at the end of the tunnel. I want to get it out and about this summer up here in Alaska. Maybe if I change the title you would have caught it.

Brake rotors installed, wheel bearings packed and hub assembly completed. New Warn hubs installed ( WTF No Stickers, added to **** list )

Next up is brake lines for front and rear as well as diff breathers being extended. I will then run some of the wiring through the frame. I also need to complete the steering. Having a bear of a time getting the pitman arm off the donor steering box. Have a puller but it is not budging, heated it up and tried again, no go..so it sits in liquid wrench for now. Relay rod still needs to be cleaned up and painted as well.

555067_491359477596847_715410000_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts