• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This week in the garage.....

P

If its free, its P
So we all stay pretty busy doing "stuff" we should have a this week in the garage post be more fun than just Friday ! laughing1

Lift kit and wheels/tires with front brakes on an 06 Rubi Saturday...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just got back from the nuts and bolt warehouse, Im going to give these stud's a try the chamfer on the heads of these bolts matches the arm's I guess Ill lock tight the **** outta them and hope for the best. I gotta make a new TieRod regardless so that will be incorporated into teh hysteer then Ill bend a ram guard and weld it up as well.

If UPS shows up with my Orbital Ill be installing the new one as well, I also want to purchase a new * better * Fuel Pump and see how that does. Need to pull my drives front and have it patched inside were it has decided it would like to leak slowly from... its always something ! laughing1

Also been working on the Ol Man's Willy's it will get brought over to the house soon for engine re-install, new harness , tranny and Tcase and whatever else it needs to get it back in a state of mobility. Fawker has sat for almost 3 years now it seems like !

Bones said:
Lays rig gone already?

You sticking with the steering quickener you bought a while back to band aid your steering?

Been gone 2 weeks now.... and I will not need to be any quicker than the orbital I ordered... believe me ! laughing1

This past weekend was spent on maitenence items & installing longfeild Ujoints in the front.
Now I ready to load up & go wheeling.

Last Wednesday got tranny out of the shop
Thursday took transfer case apart and fixed the popping out of two low problem
Friday put trans and transfer case back in and made a new floor cover to mount shifter and make it stronger
Saturday went wheeling and tested it out. Was very pleased and am still soar from crawling under it. That **** is rough on a fat boy

Jeep CJ said:
Last Wednesday got tranny out of the shop
Thursday took transfer case apart and fixed the popping out of two low problem
Friday put trans and transfer case back in and made a new floor cover to mount shifter and make it stronger
Saturday went wheeling and tested it out. Was very pleased and am still soar from crawling under it. That **** is rough on a fat boy

Your not a fat boy, this dood however...

My shifting rod is after market due to the 4 to1 kit. I was going to replace the spring with a stiffer spring. That spring did not come in so I was going to put a new factory spring and make a little spacer under it to make it stiffer. When we tore the transfer case apart it already had the stiffer spring in it. My buddy noticed the indention in the shifting rod was not very wide and the ball would not go but halfway in. We took a 3/8 bur bit and made the indention large enough for the ball to fit all the way in. The stiffer spring was 3/16 shorter then the factory spring so we made a spacer 3/16 and put it in the whole before the spring. It was a pain to get the spring depressed to get the rod back in. I rode Saturday and tried a few times going down hills gassing it and letting off in rear wheel low and no problem at all with it jumping out.
I wished I would not have put the spacer in cause you have to be firm when you shift it but I would rather have to shift it hard then it jump out of gear on me. I think my biggest problem was the ball not going all the way in.
By the way this is a DANA 300

just stuff to the dd tj like gears.

for the xj got a lot of parts just sitting around

need to finish my sliders, install the frame stifners, tie in the cage better, fab mounts for the hopefully new Hunsaker Envy suspension seats, and put the new sound bar in.
got alot of stuff... but with no job to take all my time during the break and with school starting on the 12th i got all next week.

Well I am in Joe's shop this week. Got all my panels and skins prepped for paint except the hood. The body man said it needed to be built up in the middle to make it level. We add to some rigidity in th back as it was wobbly and then we layed some fiberglass down the middle of the hood. Sanding that **** is fun ::) It gets bondo tommorrow and then hopefully we can get everything painted. Also gonna run to T-Town this week because daniel is the man. Then it is back in my garage to put the front end together.

got a bushnaster m4 for christmas and found out i can go thru alot of ammo so i welded up a new reloading bench(tossed the old one after i ran out of room for loaded ammo in the safe)ordered dies now time to reload again

P said:
Just got back from the nuts and bolt warehouse, Im going to give these stud's a try the chamfer on the heads of these bolts matches the arm's I guess Ill lock tight the **** outta them and hope for the best. I gotta make a new TieRod regardless so that will be incorporated into teh hysteer then Ill bend a ram guard and weld it up as well.

use studs and 1/2-20 lug nuts w/ a "shoulder" like for aluminum wheels... they will be 60 degree taper... thank me later... and use a **** ton of loctite....

draggbody said:
use studs and 1/2-20 lug nuts w/ a "shoulder" like for aluminum wheels... they will be 60 degree taper... thank me later... and use a **** ton of loctite....

That is what I was thinking. You would not like it when one of the heads pops off those bolts. Not much meat left after the hex is put in the head. I would not use those for my steering.

Toddy