• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thornbirds DON'T rock!

nickb

Went you to play in some sugar I mean snow today. We pulled off the road to air down and get rigs off trailers when a first Gen toy pulled up and I couldn't believe my eyes... he had thornbirds. He was rockin them at 5psi and I think his gauge was off, they looked and performed like they had 50 in em.
20130127_103943_zpse2e21dcc.jpg

Somehow he wound up in front of me and this was my view for a while.
20130127_110354_zps803f290d.jpg

I never have (I'm young and new to the scene), I instantly thought of this forum when I saw them.

Last time I saw them. They were 31's on a stock mid 90's 4runner back in high-school. In the les Schwab parking lot (explains everything). Don't know why I remember that, but I do.

Know a kid in Bonney Lake that had some on an XJ for a while. Pretty sure on anything short of a full size you could take the valve cores completely out and they'd look aired up.

Know a kid in Bonney Lake that had some on an XJ for a while. Pretty sure on anything short of a full size you could take the valve cores completely out and they'd look aired up.

I have a buddy that wheels on them and this statement is true.

When I first saw a set of thornbirds I thought they looked pretty cool. Not that I would ever own a set, but at first glance I will admit I had wondered what my rig would look like with um... Of course, having never heard a single good review I'm surprised they still make them. Being a fan of sarcasm I love the "thornbirds rock"....

My buddy bought a used lifted 2000 v10 dodge ram 2500 with 38" thorn birds on it... It was a blinged out street machine... At 55mph it sounded like we were in a Cessna 172 ready for takeoff!! It was annoying as hell, could barely hear each other talking, let alone the radio!

My buddy bought a used lifted 2000 v10 dodge ram 2500 with 38" thorn birds on it... It was a blinged out street machine... At 55mph it sounded like we were in a Cessna 172 ready for takeoff!! It was annoying as hell, could barely hear each other talking, let alone the radio!

roflmao....love the analogy with the Cessna, so true:haha:

My brother had bald Thornbirds on one of his trucks. It was a 2nd gen turbo truck. It was really bad in the rain. Didn't take him long to get rid of those tires.

I hope that guy got them for free. I'd feel bad that he paid money for them. I've seen them on a few street machines but never in the hills. A tow truck driver gave me one because he knew I "wheeled". I wouldn't even carry it for a spare.

They do look bitchen on a big street truck. The east coast guys will paint the letters and the bird too.

They look like a bogger from the side, on the road.

Wear like IRON too.

If anyone knows where a set of 38s are, let me know please.

Sorry you were stuck behind him Nick. I don't think he had much fun with them either.....:redneck:

No worries. I still had a blast. Hoping for some warm weather and rain to make that snow a little better.