• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thornbirds For The Win ???

I saw a CJ at a shop years ago with 35" tbirds. They pulled the valve stems to get the jeep lower to pull the motor and the jeep didn't drop an inch. Tires still looked like they were full pressure with no air in them. Cracked me up.

yeah, I did those in Microsoft Paint. I didn't spend much time on it either. Can ya tell? molaugh I had a friend in high school that got a set of brand new thorntirds for his z71. He though he was hot **** until he tried to go through a mud hole, got stuck, and cracked the block. Those damn tires were hard as a rock and rode like a cattle drive wagon. :****:

Re: Thornbirds For The Win !!!!!

Patriot Customs said:
So why is it that you made the mistake of buying them twice? :dunno:
Hell someone give them to me and i was dumb enough to take them

270234_2065725475491_3051337_n.jpg

Re: Thornbirds For The Win !!!!!

Fire Freak said:
Hell someone give them to me and i was dumb enough to take them
Well I dont blame ya for not turning down a freebee. I made the mistake once. I had them on a 92 toyota pickup whenever I was in High School. I bought them because they looked sweet as hell but shortly after I hated my life!

I was retarded enough to buy a set of "Thorn-Chickens" when I first got into wheelin. :dunno: I actually bought a van alstine groover and cut the absolute **** outta them hoping it would make them better and it was literally like zero fawkin difference at all in the way they performed. You can literally air these turd ass tires down to zero pressure and its like they are at 30 psi. Interco says they are designed for sand so I dunno.....maybe thats where they shine?? I ended up giving them away. Lesson learned.

I've ran into some guys from north Florida and costal GA/AL that loved thornbirds.... Because they don't dig in sand, come in wide widths to float on top, and last forever...

:****:

TacomaJD said:
No way in hell I'd have the patience for any of that groovin **** :****:

Believe it or not, I'd just as soon groove a tire than fu*k. It's nice and peaceful. Tire don't complain you're on it's hair or call you fat... Think about it