• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thoughts on TRXUS MT???

Alpine4x4

THey look like a sweet tire. Ive read they do great in the rocks and in snow and mud, plus people say they are getting 40k miles out of em. Any one run em? Its them or BFG's next and the swampers are cheaper...

There was an article in Petersens 4wor a while back that pretty much said, if you are on a budget, get the Truxus, if you Have the money, want a quieter tire, and a smoother ride, get the BFG.

Also the BFG did the best out of all the M/T tires tested, but thier test was to just drive a truck in a straight line in the mud. The BFG's went the farthest.

I was thinking about those for the Ram because they have a good weight rating.. the BFG doesn't.. It's either that or the Parnelli Jones.

Lucky Jeff said:
I was thinking about those for the Ram because they have a good weight rating.. the BFG doesn't.. It's either that or the Parnelli Jones.

edit: Regarding the Trxus MT's /edit

Seemed like in the reviews that they didn't fair well on heavier rigs, i.e. F350 and Tahoe. Lots of sidewall blowouts at high speeds under load.

I take the drivaility comments tongue in cheek. It's an Interco tire, not a Goodyear Eagle.

Last edited:
im assuming your talking about the Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip tires. those are nice tires. i see alot of fullsize rigs with those tires. that and the toyo m/t's. if i had the money id get the parnellis

I've sold like 6 or 7 sets of trxus m/t's in the past couple of months, as well as know several people who have been running them a while and ALL have been very happy /w them. They've been compared to a BFG but with stronger sidewalls. AND they're less expensive. One of our club members has several thousand miles on his ZJ, including driving to Moab and back, wheeling all around here, etc. and loves 'em.

J

from what I hae seen and heard (buddy runs 35/12.50s on a raider) they work great on a lighter rig, been snow and muddin with them and they do dam great for what they are. Another buddy had a set on a dodge 3500 cummins and only got like 15-20k out of them. They were going to be my next tire on my dodge but not after hearing about the lack of miles on them for heavy trucks dd.

someone on here, I can't think of his name on here but it's ctd4me on the bombers. Ran those tires and got 40k+ with his Ram 2500 cummins.

IM runninga yota so looks like they be my next pruchase...if i can afford the 34's thats whats going on...unless i got room for the 35's since they only like $5 more....

I ran a set of 33x17's on my dodge 3500. Only saw highway miles and the rig was well aligned. After 15k miles i wouldnt tow with them, they probaly had 10-20% tread left. IMHO they are the quickest wearing tire i have ever run.
But also the cheapest 17" MT you could buy at the time, so thats the tradeoff, i now run the Hankook MT dynapro in a 35"(which is even cheaper if bought online). Time will tell on these. I guess the moral of the story is i dont learn from my mistakes.