• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Throttle cable help

Cole1

I just got done swapping a 22r were my 20r use to be and the throttle cable is a few inches to short. How do I go about getting the right cable? Should I just find a 1st gen toyota that came with a 22r and get the throttle cable off that? I did get another cable when I got the motor but it was out of an 84 pickup so its to short as well.

Thanks in advanced,

Cole

I just got done swapping a 22r were my 20r use to be and the throttle cable is a few inches to short. How do I go about getting the right cable? Should I just find a 1st gen toyota that came with a 22r and get the throttle cable off that? I did get another cable when I got the motor but it was out of an 84 pickup so its to short as well.

Thanks in advanced,

Cole

What year is the EFI stuff?

It wasnt an EFI swap, I went form a 80' 20r to a 84' 22r. Both are carb'd with webers if that makes a diffrnece.

I couldn't tell ya for sure if mine is factory original or not. But my 81 that came with a 22R from the factory and now has an 85 22R in it the cable reaches just fine....

I couldn't tell ya for sure if mine is factory original or not. But my 81 that came with a 22R from the factory and now has an 85 22R in it the cable reaches just fine....

Thats what im thinking ill do is find a 1st gen that came with a 22r and grab the cable off it but i was curious about other options

interesting..pm gary he might still have the cable that came out of it? i remember swapping cables when i did his EFI conversion. if not i would just go to the junk yards. hows your rig coming along by the way? is it running:corn:

He gave me the cable but its to short. I got the motor in and fired it up the other night but I was 180 out with the timing but i got that all figured out. Pretty much need to finish the wireing and dash and some small things like seal the cases again you know. When can you come help finish this pig?

He gave me the cable but its to short. I got the motor in and fired it up the other night but I was 180 out with the timing but i got that all figured out. Pretty much need to finish the wireing and dash and some small things like seal the cases again you know. When can you come help finish this pig?

sorry i didn't get back to you sooner chris. im super busy with work at the moment. i will make a point to get out there really soon either this coming sunday or the following?

why not run to shucks or napa and get a generic throddel cable kit i used it on mine(small block in toyota).. the cable is prety long and has a tons of adaptors and do dads to make it work pnly cost like 20 or 22 bucks for the kits and it come with steal braded line cover.