• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Time to play with the big kids.

Pook

Sold the f-toy...and started this. :awesomework:

Jason, Trevor and I'm assuming Darius whipped up a new chassis for me. :awesomework:

Its been tweaked for more up travel and setup with competing in the We-rock Promod class as the main focus.

Specs: 4.3 Vortec/Th400/Atlas 4.3/D60's 5.38's and ARBS F&R, Superior Axles, Sway-away Airshocks, 37" Red Label Krawlers and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Builds been slow the last couple weeks I have to many customers projects on the go, but I got my front diff narrowed, currently waiting for it to come back from the sandblasters so I can get my motor mounts built and start slapping stuff in.

Jason, Trevor...Thanks for putting up with all my phone calls. Know you guys are busy as hell right now. :beer:

Attachments

• 1(1).jpg
    1(1).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,521
  • 2(2).jpg
    2(2).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,515
  • 3(1).jpg
    3(1).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,544
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,521
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,524
Last edited:
I'd like to thank a lot of people for helping make this possible:

My wife and kids, without their love and support this would not happen.

Big Country Customs, Taran's support of the team last year and this coming season has been a big help and is a huge part of making it all possible.

S&N Fab, for building me a nice new chassis and all the tech help in piecing the puzzle together.

Longfield Super Axles, Bobby and Tina helped us immensely by keeping our front tires turning and spinning with 30 spline Longfield's all last season and I'm sleeping easy this year knowing that I'll be running their 300m U-joints and Drive Flanges.

Superior Axle and Gear, Mac that phone call sure made my day, Made in the US CrMo Front Axle Shafts what else can I say :cool:

Branik Motorsports, for giving us the steering angles we need to dodge the cones.

Hi Angle Driveline, for putting an Atlas T Case within our reach.

Frances Andrew Site Furnishings LTD, The powder coating makes us look good and the use of their fab/machine tools helps us build what we can't afford to buy.

BF Goodrich Tires, for the willingness to work with an unknown team and giving us a tire that helped put us on the podium. We'll do our best to get there again.

Lady Luck Tattoo, When we didn't have any sponsors and it was just an idea to compete you guys jumped right on board with your support, thanks for helping get the snowball rolling.

:beer:

Last edited:
I like the title pook---I call BS because you never had an issue with playing with the big kids before :redneck:

Nice to see ya getting underway...

Sweet. May I ask why you went with that generation 4.3l instead of the 96' and up style?

I had a 99 4.3 Vortec here that I was going to use, but I needed a new harness and some other parts to make it work. With JasonC building a new rig for KOH he wanted some more power and was stepping up to a v8 so that left his ready run 4.3 Vortec cpi with a standalone harness available. My buddy really wanted my 99 4.3 so a couple deals were made and I got to upgrade a bunch of other stuff by switching to Jason's motor.

I like the title pook---I call BS because you never had an issue with playing with the big kids before :redneck:

Nice to see ya getting underway...

Come on now Crash you know we were just barely holding on when playing on the big kid playground :haha: The ftoy for the most part did everything I ever wanted to do trail wheeling other than a few of the issues you get running leaf springs and 22re power. I'm hoping I can get as comfortable driving this new buggy as I was the ftoy.

:beer:

Finally got my work projects done and now I can get this thing finished up.

Swapped out the transmission pan for a shallow one (still need to dent it a bit more for link clearance at full stuff, made some motor mounts, machined up a tcase mount. New pan let me move the motor farther back and allowed me to lower everything in the chassis another 1".

With the tcase mounted I then made up some of the seat mounts, still need to finish the inside seats mounts once I get a few more parts installed.

Mocked up all the links, only had one set of links for mock up, so the front set is missing in the pics. Got the measurments I need so I'll be machining up the aluminum in the next day or two to make the real links. Currently looking like I'll be able to have 5" up travel in the front and 6" in back at ride height. Could push for a bit more but its not really needed for what I'm building for. Worse case if I ever get the KOH bug I'll just raise the belly a couple inches and run some different shocks. Started fabricating some plating for the front upper link mount, going to drag it to my dad's shop to through in the powdercoating oven to preheat it before I arc weld it all up.

Should be a roller by the weekend...maybe sooner.

Attachments

• motormounts.jpg
    motormounts.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,138
  • tcasemount.jpg
    tcasemount.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,118
  • seatmounts.jpg
    seatmounts.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,116
  • trannypan.jpg
    trannypan.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2,104
  • frontdiff plating.jpg
    frontdiff plating.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,075
more...

Attachments

• lowerfrontlinks.jpg
    lowerfrontlinks.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,043
  • rearlower.jpg
    rearlower.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,012
  • rearlowers.jpg
    rearlowers.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,986
  • rearupper.jpg
    rearupper.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,959
Turned the rear diff into a semi floater and narrowed it. I bought JasonC's old rear shafts to use, But things worked out and it will now be getting stuffed with a new set of 4340 Superior Axle shafts. :awesomework:

The diff tubes were slighty tweaked from being 20 years old, so we had to offset on the tube to line up it up with the alignment bar.

The small welds are just from cleaning up where I cut off the stock brake flanges.

Trying to decide if I want to weld the flange to the tube on the inside...figure it couldn't hurt. I might bring it to a buddies and tig it up.

Still need to sandblast and clean out the rear diff...damn tubes are full of crap.

Attachments

• diff1.jpg
    diff1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 642
  • diff2.jpg
    diff2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 642
  • diff3.jpg
    diff3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 649
Got a few things done tonight. Made some more mock up links, finished shaping the front diff plating for the upper link mount. Got some lower shock mounts made for the rear, just need to box them in once I cycle the suspension and set the rear pinion angle.

Attachments

• MONDAY1.jpg
    MONDAY1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 560
  • MONDAY2.jpg
    MONDAY2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 565
  • MONDAY3.jpg
    MONDAY3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 563
  • MONDAY4.jpg
    MONDAY4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 560
  • MONDAY5.jpg
    MONDAY5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 565
Took a few side shots showing the links and shock angles etc.

Attachments

• MONDAY6.jpg
    MONDAY6.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 552
  • MONDAY8.jpg
    MONDAY8.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 554
  • MONDAY9.jpg
    MONDAY9.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 558
  • MONDAY10.jpg
    MONDAY10.jpg